cheap av receiver and speaker package??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im new to these forums and was looking for some help with at choosing an av receiver and speaker pack. i have recently bought a 37inch 1080p tv which didnt cost me to much and after the picture novelty has worn off i thought id upgrade the sound. now as i didnt spend to much on the tv and unlimited money unfortunetly isnt an option i was looking for home cinema seperates on a low budget

i currently have a hifi system with some mission m31i's and was wondering if i should get the m33i's and the m32c centre speaker as iv seen the m33i's for 155 and the centre for around 130ish and then get a cheapish subwoofer later. or if i should get a q acoustics 1010i 5.1 package as iv seen it for 350 at richersounds

also would a sony strdh500 at a low price of 140 offer good enough performance to power either of these speaker sets relitevly well?

any help would be much appreciated thanks

may i also add the wharfedale diamond 9hcp as iv just seen it for 350

which speaker pack would give me the best performance? as my room is largish and the missions would give me floorstanders at the front would that be the way to go??

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't replace your hifi setup with the Sony you mentioned. It is a bottom end receiver. It would be more advisable to look further up the range, at the STR-DH800 at the very least but I think you will end up disappointed. AV Receivers cannot compete with hifi amps for stereo playback unless you spend £££s.. If you like your present hifi setup, you could integrate it within an AV Setup providing the AV Receiver has front pre-out outputs to connect to the hifi amp. This setup would have your hifi amp driving the fronts as before and the AVR taking care of the rest, thus hopefully giving you good performance for both music and movies. Amps with pre-outs including the Sony 2400ES and Yamaha 765.

Alternatively just keep the two systems separate and go for a new budget receiver and speakers. Do you have a dealer nearby so you can demo and listen for yourself?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts