Cheap 75-inch TV and soundbar

I'm looking for a 75-inch TV for the living room.

194663_2574038_FLP_01_0000.jpg

The wall opposite is 3.2m where the sofa will be placed.

194663_2574038_IMG_08_0000.jpg

The space between the kitchen door and the outside wall is 210cm. The TV socket is in that corner, so I'm thinking of placing my TV there (thinking of getting Besta TV bench from IKEA which is 180cm wide).

194663_2574038_IMG_02_0000.jpg

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phone, so streaming from Samsung phone will be easier with a Samsung TV.

I don't want to spend more than £1500 on the TV (ideally closer to £1000), so my choice is between Samsung UE75TU8000 and Samsung QE75Q60T.

I haven't exactly been enamoured by the low range QLED TVs, so leaning towards the TU8000. They currently have a half price soundbar offer so thinking of either Samsung HW-Q900T or Samsung HW-Q800T. Sonos Arc is another option.

Any suggestions for both? RS also have £100 cashback offer, but I'm not clear if I can get both half price soundbar as well as the cashback.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

I think this TV might be better for you although you said you prefer Samsung because of your phone:

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 2457

Interesting! Thanks! Full array LED backlighting does sound compelling!
No probs John Lewis have £100 voucher and you could price match at TekZone with 5 per cent discount voucher on Sony TVs. Sony soundbars are said to be good too. Although I would listen to the sound of the TV first if it’s anything like my 75-inch it will sound great!

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis and Richer Sounds are both giving £100 vouchers too.
You can get the Sevenoaks £100 off and then the John Lewis £100 voucher too making it £1600 just price match it online. The sound on this TV is very interesting. Cinematic sound they call it.

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 2457

I think I would just snap it up at Costco BB because incase for some reason you don’t like it you can get them to collect for free for 90 days, John Lewis you can’t. I bought my Philips LED from Costco online and it was great.

D

Deleted member 2457

And if the price drops at Costco you just phone them up and they will refund you. John Lewis you have to fill out another price match form.

I think I would just snap it up at Costco BB because incase for some reason you don’t like it you can get them to collect for free for 90 days, John Lewis you can’t. I bought my Philips LED from Costco online and it was great.
I'll wait until Saturday and speak to Richer Sounds first. It's a pain to send a 75-inch TV back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts