Cheap (2nd hand?) upgradable partners to the Sony 2400es?

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I am considering buying the forthcoming Sony 2400es amp (presuming this gets some good reviews as the amp has an amazing spec for
the money and what really interests me is its pre-outs, essential for
upgrading the way I’d like to. Cost should be around £400.

Music would be a bigger factor than home theatre but I still want a system capable of both. I am considering the wharfedale diamond 9 HCP. Mainly because the SW150 sub has superb
reviews and means I could probably leave that alone for a lot of years. In time i'd like to upgrade to a good hifi amp (hence wanting an AV amp with pre-outs) and complete set of speakers - leaving the sub and av amp alone.

But how about 2nd hand as an option? Could probably get a sub like the SW150 2nd hand for £100, im not too bothered about backs being great, accetpable will do, but any ideas on some good 2nd hand front L+R speakers?

Thanks a lot

Simon

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kingnothing83:
Hi,

I am considering buying the forthcoming Sony 2400es amp (presuming this gets some good reviews as the amp has an amazing spec for
the money and what really interests me is its pre-outs, essential for
upgrading the way I'd like to. Cost should be around £400.

Music would be a bigger factor than home theatre but I still want a system capable of both. I am considering the wharfedale diamond 9 HCP. Mainly because the SW150 sub has superb
reviews and means I could probably leave that alone for a lot of years. In time i'd like to upgrade to a good hifi amp (hence wanting an AV amp with pre-outs) and complete set of speakers - leaving the sub and av amp alone.

But how about 2nd hand as an option? Could probably get a sub like the SW150 2nd hand for £100, im not too bothered about backs being great, accetpable will do, but any ideas on some good 2nd hand front L+R speakers?

Thanks a lot

Simon

Budget? For cheap second hand rears, look for the Jamo A10s or Tannoy EFX sats as you can pick up pairs for decent prices. Then you can match your front three and save some money.

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion!

how would some tannoy efx as rears sound with the tannoy mercury custom f1's i already own as the fronts, perhaps with the tannoy cc centre and SW150 sub?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kingnothing83:
thanks for the suggestion!

how would some tannoy efx as rears sound with the tannoy mercury custom f1's i already own as the fronts, perhaps with the tannoy cc centre and SW150 sub?

I reckon it would sound great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts