Change speakers or not

camcroft

Hi.I have recently updated parts of my system namely the amp to a Marantz SR5023 and CDP to a Marantz CD5003 I have also changed my interconnects to Chord Crimson and speaker leads to Chord carnival.I have noticed a marked improvement over my previous Sony separates.I am running Mission 701`speakers through the system they are the only item that I kept.I would appreciate any advice on other speakers that I could look at that would work well with the above units preferably around the same size as the Missions.I like the look of the B & W 600 range of speakers but would I gain any improvement in sound or are there any of the new generation of speakers available that would be better.I dont mind buying 2nd hand i would spend up to £ 300.Music taste vary from Blues to Rock to Electronic.Please help me.Thanks

A

Anonymous

I wonder for what reason you would change your 701's. Don't you like what they sound like in your updated system or just because they are the only part of the chain that is not updated...? The latter is in my view not a good reason...

Is they are still in good state and sound fine (I suppose they do, 701's were great budget speakers), better spend your money on music :rockout:

camcroft

Hi.Thanks for your comments. I think that the setup that I have now is slightly better than my previous one and given that there might be other speakers out there that would do them more justice than the missions even Mission have moved away from the way the 701`s were made.I know that it is not just a fashion parade but things surely have to get better and sound better.Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts