Change of conditions on returning TVs at John Lewis because of the Data Protection Act

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Can no longer buy a product and change your mind if opened/used and return it. You have to be 100 per cent sure now I am actually quite pleased about this!

D

Deleted member 2457

Have they changed terms? When?
Looks the same to me:

Unused, you can used to be able return when I returned my LG 65e9v TV they accepted it back, yesterday I tried to change my 65 inch Samsung for a 75-inch one and they refused. It used to be you can try it out and then return not now because of Data Protection Act and you give so many details out on your TV these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

This has always been the case. They do mention in their terms which allows you to open and inspect the product.
Yes, that’s true but you can’t use it used to be you can get a refund if you used it.

I think with the number of times you've returned TVs, they would have refused this time. Shops lose money for every returned item that has been used. The items cannot be resold as brand new.

How many times have you changed / ordered / returned TVs in the last 3 months alone?

I bought one TV in 2009 (Kuro) which I sold to the buyer of my house in 2014 as he was very keen. I bought your Panasonic in 2014 which I still have. I was thinking of getting the Philips OLED over Christmas but my wife doesn't think there's any need yet. So I've held off on purchase right now. If I do get one, I'll hold on to it for at least 5 to 7 years, if not more. My bedroom TV is 9 years old and still going strong. There's a certain pride in using your loved products for as long as possible.

D

Deleted member 2457

I think with the number of times you've returned TVs, they would have refused this time. Shops lose money for every returned item that has been used. The items cannot be resold as brand new.

How many times have you changed / ordered / returned TVs in the last 3 months alone?
Not returned any in the last 3 month and only ever returned one that was the LG 65e9v OLED TV.

I have ordered and cancelled a few though but you can do that online just like Amazon. But I always change my mind by the time they have shipped.

D

Deleted member 2457

Their terms might have not changed on their website but certainly their stance on returning TVs within 35 days has changed, just checked with a random member of staff in John Lewis and you can’t return TVs that have any personal information even if you do a factory reset.

D

Deleted member 2457

I believe he cancelled it before it was ever delivered. He seems to order and cancel more often than order and return.
With the Arcam 850 amp I think he was going to refuse to accept the delivery in order to get his money back.
Yes.

D

Deleted member 2457

Did you not briefly have a 75-inch TV too which you returned?
I remember now I told you I ordered the Samsung 75Q950r from RGB which I did but then I cancelled before being delivered, no I have never had a 75-inch yet but keep getting close!

You might get Gel as a customer :LOL:
I’m not sure I’d want to sell gel a TV! No offence gel... :)

In all seriousness, TVs are just a nightmare. Small margins (even at rrp), price drops, frequent model changes, and then you’re up against department stores that have virtually every make and model under the sun, who probably get preferential treatment and prices from manufacturers anyway.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts