Centre Speaker Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to change my centre speaker as the KEF 2005.2 CP as always been the weak link in an other wise satisfactory system. Now given the cost look of (dont like it) the logical upgrade being the 3005 CP I am wondering if the Mordant Short Alumni 5 would intergrate well with the Kefs It would really look good with the rest of my gear

A

Anonymous

i too would like an answer to this question and whether the upgrade is worth the cost?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The frank answer is that the MS speaker will stick out like a sore thumb in sonic terms. You really should either go for one of the KEF KHT centres or change the front left and right speakers to match the Alumni 5.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

It's always recommended to keep the front soundstage as similar as possible. Minimum would be speakers from the same manufacturer - best would be from the same range.

HTH.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

After speaking to a few wise owls and the opinion on this forum I have decided to go with the same manufacturer and have ordered the Center Speaker from the KEF3005 should have it by the weekend. I can also put the spare egg for 6.1 now

A

Anonymous

Quick questions, how much did you pay for the 3005 centre and where did you get it from?

I am thinking of doing the same

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

£135 here.

I found that link too on a search, but when you try the buy now it says product not found. When i searched the site there is only a black one with a price TBA .... will call them to see.

The cheapest i have seen beside that is £195

A

Anonymous

I wanted black so I ordered from Superfi in Brum £165 You will have to ring them leave a deposit then collect in person when they have it 2 to 3 days

A

Anonymous

Hi ajeffo,

I too bought the 3005 centre speaker for use with the 2005 eggs and just like you plan to do, I used the centre as a surround back speaker in a 6.1 system. As far as I am concerned it was money well spent indeed and am sure you will be very happy with the results.

A

Anonymous

Thats great news mine should be here by Friday. I plan to do the same with my existing and probably by another egg of e-bay to complete the 7.1

A

Anonymous

Great thanks for the feedback .... SuperFi Notts will do it for 166.35 in silver to match my satellites

A

Anonymous

ajeffo:Great thanks for the feedback .... SuperFi Notts will do it for 166.35 in silver to match my satellites

Glad you got sorted
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Well I got the KEF 3005se Center Speaker to upgrade my 2005.2 system. It really does sound so much better more bassy clear precise glad I did now. Will go to town with the films this weekend. Thanks for the top tips to help me to the right decision

A

Anonymous

ajeffo please let me know what you think of the upgrade when you get set uo

A

Anonymous

Got my 3005SE centre speaker yesterday and re-calibrated the receiver.

It really does make a big difference much fuller in the mid range and gives a more 3 dimensional sound. Used the opening sequence of the Dark Knight as my test, this is what i used to audition the receiver and could tell the difference immediately...

Thanks for all the advice and for anyone with a 2005.2 package this is a good value for money upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Yes I know what you mean its so much more precise well worth it Enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts