Centre speaker ontop of sky HD box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a one box systems and luckily a smallish centre speaker. However infron of the tv it obscures the remote control receiver. If i put it on top of the sky hd box on the shelf below will the magnets of the speaker interfere with the box, or the other option is ontop of my DVD player below. Will this damage anything?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ajgriffiths:I have a one box systems and luckily a smallish centre speaker. However infron of the tv it obscures the remote control receiver. If i put it on top of the sky hd box on the shelf below will the magnets of the speaker interfere with the box, or the other option is ontop of my DVD player below. Will this damage anything?

The speaker should be magnetically shielded, so electromagnetic interference shouldn't be a problem. I'd be more worried about the effects of vibration, so I'd put a sheet or two of Sorbothane or foam between the two if you really have to place the centre speaker this way.

Fisty1967

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I'd be more worried about covering the vent holes on the top of the Sky unit and the effect on cooling. (Sky+ has big air vent on top - I dont know about skyHD).

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I was speaking with my dealer about exactly this issue when I purchased my KHT3005SE.

The dealer suggested vibration would be the problem mounting the centre speaker on top of the SkyHD, but did suggested the following...

Apparently SkyHD can be mounted on its right side (the left side up, as this is where the fan is so must remain uncovered) top of box facing front and mounted behind the TV.

Using the back edge of the top shelf and creative use of cable ties to the back of the plasma to hold in place, with a magic eye an a short RF coax to enable the remote to work.

This would have then left the top shelf free for my centre speaker.

Not sure I would go for that myself though, but as it happens I used a wall shelf above my TV for the centre speaker so did not have to move the SkyHD.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
digigriffin:
Apparently SkyHD can be mounted on its right side (the left side up, as this is where the fan is so must remain uncovered) top of box facing front and mounted behind the TV.

yeah that should be ok, the HDD in Sky+ and HD are mounted flat, but HDDs work fine on their sides, as it would be in this instance. The only thing you don't want to do with an HDD is mount it upside down, but that won't be the case in this configuration.

TRENDING THREADS