Centrance Skyn?

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
This looks interesting especially for the price on the indigogo crowd funding. Does anyone have any experience of centrance products and if they are worth the money? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hifi-skyn-iphone-case-made-for-music

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

You'll need the "Amp Extreme" to drive the planars they have pictured with their amp. But be cautious in one respect - a lot of small portable amps that aim for much higher power also can get pretty hot, which doesn't work so well in pockets or bags. Centrance is a good brand, but before I'd commit to the lower power models (cheaper? - don't know) I would want to know if everything but the power is exactly the same, i.e. is it the same premium parts in each power level?

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, it would generally be used sitting at a desk at work so heat shouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't think I have the money for the Audez phones! I was thinking some second had senheiser hd650 or grado rs1s. Not completely sure what you mean about the power, I am not too tech savvy with portable hifi.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
bay24 said:
Thanks for the advice, it would generally be used sitting at a desk at work so heat shouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't think I have the money for the Audez phones! I was thinking some second had senheiser hd650 or grado rs1s. Not completely sure what you mean about the power, I am not too tech savvy with portable hifi.

It turns out that the spec on the top 2 models (looks like the first is a no-go) are close, with 210 mw and ~310 mw power levels, which is a ratio of 1.48 to 1 -- and that's about 1.7 decibels I think. Very little difference. So anyway it would be good to read them state what the exact and complete differences are. Lack of savvy on your part should not be an excuse for a mfr. to withhold information that at least some customers need to know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts