CD Player

I'm presuming you are referring to digital in both cases? I have read that RCA should be better*, but have no personal experience. RCA feels more robust and secure though, so I'd tend to err that way.

*IIRC it made reference to the signal having to be reconverted into optical - and that any process of conversion can bring errors - who knows?

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

I'm presuming you are referring to digital in both cases? I have read that RCA should be better*, but have no personal experience. RCA feels more robust and secure though, so I'd tend to err that way.

*IIRC it made reference to the signal having to be reconverted into optical - and that any process of conversion can bring errors - who knows?
It would be a case of using one or the other as the player and amp have both.

camcroft

I know it sounds stupid but this question came from the fact that recently I have bought a few CD's that I couldn't find on vinyl and want to achieve the best sound possible. I dont really use the CD player that much I normally just upload the Cd to iTunes and play it from there .

I know it sounds stupid but this question came from the fact that recently I have bought a few CD's that I couldn't find on vinyl and want to achieve the best sound possible. I dont really use the CD player that much I normally just upload the Cd to iTunes and play it from there .

It’s pretty easy to try both ways of connecting to your amp. But I too would use the Marantz as intended, with its internal DAC. I’ve tried with my own Marantz, and I like their ‘house sound’.

You can get quite serviceable cables - optical to your amp, and SPDIF 75 ohm - to experiment with for a tenner each, and sell them on eBay if you don’t need them. (I’ve not checked your gear for exactly what connections it offers. But it’s either analogue out to your amp, or digital out via optical or 75 ohm coax RCA)

camcroft

It’s pretty easy to try both ways of connecting to your amp. But I too would use the Marantz as intended, with its internal DAC. I’ve tried with my own Marantz, and I like their ‘house sound’.

You can get quite serviceable cables - optical to your amp, and SPDIF 75 ohm - to experiment with for a tenner each, and sell them on eBay if you don’t need them. (I’ve not checked your gear for exactly what connections it offers. But it’s either analogue out to your amp, or digital out via optical or 75 ohm coax RCA)
Thank you . I have tried both ways and it seems that the RCA is the best sounding now.

Last edited:
Reactions: nopiano

Loverobot

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
I have tried all the connections between my CXA81 and Marantz CD6007
FWIW I could detect no difference between the optical and digital coax - accept others may be more discerning
I have left hooked up digital coax and analogue RCA
Some music suits the digital connection using the amps DAC (seems brighter to my ears) and some suits the analogue connection using the CD's DAC
I just select which I want depending on the music

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts