CD player suggestions please

Viking

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, could anyone suggest a CD player which will partner well with a Nac CB356BEE and a pair of B&W 683's. I'm using an older Rotel RCD 930AX at the moment and the sound is pretty good, though it's starting to have a few minor problems at the moment. If I was going for a better quality player, how much will I need to spend and on which CD player. I mostly listen to heavy music such as Soulfly, Trivium, Megadeth, Metallica etc. Thanks for any advise.

hi, i have the same taste in music as yourself, i recently bought a used rega apollo cd player, which i can highly reccommend.

you can get them for around 200, but i have seen them go for much less on ebay / gumtree

Viking

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion with the rega apollo. I took a look at it, but a top loader is not for me. I think the budget will be no more than 500 pounds so I'm not sure if the investement is going to be that much better than my old Rotel.

Thanks again.

Viking

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my budget would be no more than 500 pounds, but am interrested in the DAC idea. What would yoy suggest and what is the advantage above an ordinary CD player.

Thanks for your help.

magnus78

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
can consider the Marantz CD6005. I bought it yesterday and played with some cds, very muscial and detailed. Very well built as well. And yes a onboard dac as a bonus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts