CD Player help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a suitable CD player to replace my old Sony player ? I have a Copland CSA 8 amp and Sonus Faber Minima Amator speakers. My budget is somewhere around the £1000 mark although this could be stretched for the right result !

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Colmustard:Can anyone suggest a suitable CD player to replace my old Sony player ? I have a Copland CSA 8 amp and Sonus Faber Minima Amator speakers. My budget is somewhere around the £1000 mark although this could be stretched for the right result !

Cambridge Audio 840C?

A

Anonymous

Obvious choices would be Cyrus CD8SE, high end Arcam and CA as snails suggested. Plenty more, a lot to audition in this category, you'll need to specifiy your tastes.

Do you have computer based music? Could look at a decent DAC with that cash

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help - I had considered the Cyrus as everywhere you look it seems to get top-notch reviews.

As regards my tastes, I listen mainly to modern blues although reasonably frequently delve into motown, rock, jazz and classical. Pretty much everything other than pop and rap really !

Where my current system fails is that it seems to get 'confused' with some more complex, multi instrument music. With single voice and 'simpler' tracks it still has the ability to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up (something I clearly don't want to lose) but often tracks with a lot going on can sound far less well defined and are definitley less involving.

The DAC suggestion would be a good one if I had computer based music but I don't !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts