CD playback of Arcam DV79 vs Cambridge 640cv2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has much experience of CD playback on the Arcam DV79? I currently have the CA640v2 but am looking to upgrade to pair with my NAD 352 amp and have seen some major bargains on the Arcam DVD on ebay and see this as a potential upgrade. I own a blu-ray so would not need the Arcam for DVD, just CD.

Has anyone had any comparitive experiences of both? or from knowledge am i likely to notice much of a difference in SQ?Appears both units hve the same Wolfson DAC 8470 so am i gonna be getting the same sound?

Your comments, as ever would be much appreicated!

Ta

A

Anonymous

I cant comment on the DV79 as i havent heard it. However i have owned the CA 640cv2 and found it inferior to an Arcam CD72T. I then bought an Arcam DV88 which i thought sounded better than the CD72T.
Hope this helps.

scene

I have a DV88 and a DV79. The DV88 is great for CD and I've kept it for that, even though the DVD playback has died. I use the DV79 as my main CD spinner and it is truly excellent. It's also a great DVD spinner - as long as you've got a good amp/display to upscale the output.

I've heard the CA gear in-store at RS and, in my opinion, the DV79 knocks spots off it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts