Canton DM50 Resonance

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
My DM50 is sited on the second tier of an open three tier glass TV stand. The 40" Samsung TV is on the top tier, and a bluray player and TalkTalk box are on the bottom. Certain male voices, mainly newsreaders, create a booming echo. I've tried various settings with the bass turned down but am unable to dampen down the resonance.

I would welcome advice on how to cure this problem. Apart from the newsreader problem the sound is very good.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Next time you hear this booming from a news readers voice, put your hand under the glass shelf that the DM50 is sat on. There's a subwoofer on the underside right? You might need a wooden unit. Or at least a sheet of wood on that particular shelf.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks. Will do. I did wonder whether the glass shelf was vibrating in sympathy. Rather than a piece of wood. does someone market a mat suitable for dampening down the vibration?

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I think there are some kind of mats that you can use. Have a scout through some of the other threads regarding hi-fi racks and stands, you might find something there. I would tell you myself but I don't know, sorry.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
As an experiment, I'll place some plywood under the DM50 and see how it sounds. I'm away for a fortnight so I'll leave it until I return.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts