CANTON DM50 RANDOM MUTE, Uk technical support?

R0B

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I purchased a Canton DM50 which I plugged in over the weekend, the sound is very impressive however.... the unit keeps on muting itself, it does this on both Bluetooth and TV modes. It seems to be totally random, sometimes its fine for an hour other times every few minutes; I thought maybe it was the way it was synced to the TV remote but it does it even without any input from any of the remotes, I even removed the batteries from the other remotes but no joy.

I tried emailing the canton email address(in Germany) but no reply, does anyone know of any UK technical support, or maybe a mehod of doing a factory reset before I send it back to the seller?

Thanks in advance :)

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi ROB and welcome to the madness ( sorry I mean forum )*bye*

Just thought I would let you know there is a email address ( and phone numbers) for Canton in the UK, it is in the section marked " Adresses International " under the service tab at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

R0B

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
macdiddy said:

Just thought I would let you know there is a email address ( and phone numbers) for Canton in the UK, it is in the section marked " Adresses International " under the service tab at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Hi Macdiddy, Thanks for the reply, I'm not seeing a service tab at the top of screen? *unknw*

R0B said:
macdiddy said:

Hope this helps.

Hi Macdiddy, Thanks for the reply, I'm not seeing a service tab at the top of screen? *unknw*

The details are there on the page I'm looking at. They are:-

Phone: +44 20-8358 9593
Fax: +44 20-82 00 82 82

Email: http://www.unlimited.com/cu/home.do

R0B

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Great, I'll give them a try tomorrow, much appreciated :)

ps I still cant see a service tab, and I replying from a different computer? maybe newbies don't have the same level of information.*unknw*

R0B

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
If you go to www.canton.de website you should see #service# on the very top line of the homepage (left of 'company' and 'imprint') always assuming you have selected 'English' from the drop down language box at top right. :)

Ahhhh I did try that number yesterday before posting on here; they told me they're only a distributor and speak to the company I purchased from(Amazon).

I'll try their email address now, failing that looks like I'll have to return it *sad*

R0B

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
If you bought it from Amazon, don't waste time contacting the manufacturer. Contact Amazon. Most likely they will replace it with a new one.

This is true, I was trying to avoid the hassle of dismantling and sending it back, then having some-one in to take delivery, especially IF it could be fixed with a simple factorty reset, procedure etc.*smile*

kanabeach44

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I,

I have exactly the same problem ......
confused_smile.gif

Did you find a solution ?

Please tell me what did you do, thanks a lot

cerij101

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue too. Random mutes. Re-learning the remote introduces random volume increase. This seems like a serious design flaw. I am on my second DM50 with the same problem. I may have to return this one too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts