admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

its no doubt been touched on in another thread somewhere 

i have £200 - £250 to spend on a Blu-Ray Player

i have narrowed it down to these 2 Models

i have a 40" Sony KDL-40V3000 LCD Television

just wanted to know what does one have over the other?
obviously Picture and Sound Quality are FIRST Priority and also how good its upscaling actually is at playing all my NON Blu-Ray DVD`s 
i also would like a nice quiet machine and one thats reasonably fast at loading Blu-Rays once its turnt on.. 

can anyone help me decide without arguing!! 

i am using a 5.1 Yamaha Surround Sound System
listed here
DISCONTINUED YAMAHA AV61 PACKAGE (RXV361 HOME CINEMA RECEIVER AND NSP110 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/3396 for details

the connections i have at the back are pictured here
superfi

i have my SAMSUNG SKY HD box going into the Optical input of the sound system
it would be nice to do the same with my NEW Blu-Ray Player, or is that coaxial?
i have one more optical input left on my surround sound system, though it does say CD on it as the other connection is used for my SKY HD box
not sure if its ok to use the CD optical input??__________________

Many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Of those two, and with that system, I'd go for the Sony. Connect its multichannel analogue outputs to the matching analogue inputs on the Yamaha receiver, using three pairs of analogue interconnects.

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I'd say your best bet is the Sony 550, since it has multichannel analogue outs whereas the more basic Pana 35 doesn't. Given the limited connections you have on your Yam, this seems to me to be the best way to go. It allows you to get HD audio whereas digital optical/coaxial wouldn't, and I'm sure you'd notice an improvement on the regular DD/DTS soundtracks even at this more basic level of surround system.

EDIT: OK, beaten to it by a few posts! Oh well...ÿ

A

Anonymous

emotion-5.gif
ÿThanks very much everyone

i will be buying the Sony thenÿ

anyone recommend some good cables to connect it via analogue phonos to my Yamaha Amp? ÿis this easy to do? ÿ

im not very good at programming or fiddling with settings on my Yamaha, its a nightmare to use, ÿor do you simply plug it in and your all done then?

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts