Can you stream music to Arcam Solo Min?

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I've done a little research but have found a brick wall. I wanted to stream music to an arcam solo min - cheaply. There are docks available but I wondered if there were any USB, or other connectable devices that allow streaming straight to the Arcam Solo Mini?

Thanks in advance for any links/suggestions. Happy to use BlueTooth, Airplay or just over WiFi to enable streaming. But on a bit of a budget ...

Cheers

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Chebby. Any other suggestions around the £100 mark? I looked at Arcam specific first. But wondered if there was a quick cheap solution. When I contacted Arcam ironically they didnt offer any of there own products as a solution!

Cheers

manicm

An integrated solution would be one of Arcam's iPod docks. The earlier ones were entirely at the mercy of the iPod used - the latest Classics do not sound great, the iPod touch is better. Their latest drDock is digital so sounds good with the Classic but it's very slow, I thus sold the dock. And my touch got bricked by iTunes forcefully updating to the last iOS 5 version, rendering it so slow as to be useless.

I've thus had it with iPod docks with hifi. The Solo Mini is functionally dated I'm afraid when it comes to streaming. And its USB is not very useful either. And after nearly 5 years, Arcam have yet to drop a hint of a replacement. They seem to be heavily marketing their PC/DAC products nowadays.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
@manicm - I have to agree. The solo is very dated in terms of features. It still sounds great but is limited clearly for streaming. I've seen some bluetooth USB streamers, but I fear those are limeted by the USB slot on the Arcam. As it just reads MP3's.

Thanks for your reply.

@jimbofisher - You know what, I'd forgot about that thing! I'll investigate more- cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts