Can you recommend some active speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys my nephew is on course to cost me quite a bit of money at this rate since I promised him x amount per GCSE grade. Anyways I am trying to head him off at the pass by purchasing him a pair of active speakers. My budget is going to be about 500.00 and I am looking for second hand or new thanks.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Lucky so & so...

Go for it
emotion-2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110500797845&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

T

the record spot

Doubt you'll land them, but you might be lucky and find some Acoustic Energy AE22 Actives. They were £800 new though and the price has probably gone up since the original review.

Also, they were heavily influenced by a studio monitor design, so the presentation won't be of the warm and fuzzy variety. For all that, an excellent, detailed and very involving speaker by all accounts.

Styling will be a matter of taste too (I think it's fab myself).

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Not strictly active, in that they have passive crossovers, but the Epoz Aktimate Mini speakers would be well up my shortlist

Well I suppose to be totally pedantic most quoted active speakers aren't, they are only speakers with built in amplifiers.

Wouldn't true active speakers be the like of the old Philips Motion Feedback design?

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew, Dan and co, how do the Quad 11L actives stand up against the two mentioned?

TRENDING THREADS