can you get sky 3d channel without being on top package?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Is it possible to get sky 3d, without being subscribed to Sky HD or the sky world package? We're getting sky installed tomorrow, but only going for 4 mix basic package, but would like to at least try out the 3d channel for a month or so.. what would be the cheapest option?

Cheers,

Mick

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It's because you get sports and movies on the 3d channel so they don't want to give that away unless you pay for the HD versions.

A

Anonymous

Had SkyHD for a while now, but just got delivery of my shiny new Samsung 3D-ready telly. Went to Sky 3D channel and found I had to call to activate/upgrade to get this channel. I have all entertainment & movie channels (in HD) but no sports, as not interested in sports. Already paying £59 a month as have multi-room aswell. I got the same response as others that I needed to upgrade my subscription by another £12 per month to take on sports channels, simply to gain access to one single 3D channel. Just plain daft! Sky says its because there is not enough 3D content to have separate 3D channels for movies, sports and entertainment. So all content is bundled into a single channel, which means Sky World is mandatory. I say the simple answer is to only allow sky users to view 3D content on this channel which is relevant to their current subscription. So if you only have Sky Movies & Entertainment Extra but no Sky Sports, then you should get the standard "to upgrade your subscription to receive this" for any Sports related content, whereas you should be able to view Movies and Entertainment content broadcast in 3D. So no forced extra charges to go to Sky World and no additional charges for use of the 3D channel. Viewing 3D should be based on your current subscription, with others content restricted until you upgrade...that is fair and I would say relatively simple for Sky to implement. Sky please get this sorted and provide your subscribers with a geniunely fair service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts