• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Can anyone recommend a usb stick for downloading 8K video and one for just downloading TV firmware updates?

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
Not sure if it's still applicable but any USB drive connected to my Panny must be formatted by the TV first. I believe the formatting performed by the TV is not compatible with any other device and cannot be reformatted on any other device; basically once the TV has formatted the drive it can only be used on that device.

As stated, not sure if this is still the case with current TV's.

Last edited:
Reactions: gel

gel

Not sure if it's still applicable but any USB drive connected to my Panny must be formatted by the TV first. I believe the formatting performed by the TV is not compatible with any other device and cannot be reformatted on any other device; basically once the TV has formatted the drive it can only be used on that device.

As stated, not sure if this is still the case with current TV's.
Interesting - thanks Doug!

marthaneilson

Jul 7, 2020
I accept the designing performed by the TV isn't good with some other gadget and can't be reformatted on some other gadget; essentially once the TV has organized the drive it must be utilized on that gadget. As expressed, not certain if this is as yet the case with current TV's.

Reactions: DougK

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts