can anyone recomend some floorstanders

shreader

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i have a yamaha rx-v1065 i'd like to use my KEF eggs 2002.2's as front presence speakers but i need some advice on some floorstanders please

yamaha rx-v 1065,yamaha 1900 blue ray,pannasonic TH42P,Virgin v+box,kef 2005.2 speakers,monitor audio bronze centre

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you considered stand-mount/bookshelf speakers with some sturdy stands like Partington Deadnoughts? Might free up the budget a little and would give you a wider choice of five star products.

Also, what budget ae you woking with?

scene

Ok, I'd say you want to try to match your front three, as they're responsible for 85% of a 5.1 soundstage on average. You haven't said whether you've got a br or bx centre. Assuming the latter, a pair of bx5s would be the natural match for your centre and should only set you back £450 or so. An alternative would be a pair of kef floorstanders, probably the excellent IQ5SEs would be the best option, again these should cost around £400. I'd recommend trying to get a demo of both. One word of warning. If you go down the bx5 route, you may find that you lose some cohesion on steering the effects around the soundstage. You might want to consider changing your rear eggs for a pair of bxfx in this case - which will still be within you budget. If you go down the IQ5SE route, you might want to consider getting a new kef centre - not am egg, but one of the chunkier ones...

EDIT ok, I know the iq5se is a discontinued speaker, but I feel they are better than the iq50 and you can still get them at the price I quoted from Richer Sounds (say)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts