Cambridge Audio Azur 540D V2 plus Musical Fidelity V-DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some time ago CA Azur 540D V2 (they have stopped building them now) was reviewed here in WHF as a “sonic star”. I do agree, it’s quite a capable unit as a CD player as well. I’ve owned this machine for a year or so – lovely machine, but this is still a DVD player and it will never become a true CD player on it’s own. My question is, do you think it is worth upgrading CA Azur 540D V2 with Musical Fidelity V-DAC to a satisfactory CD playback level (plus, let’s say, Chord ProDac coaxial cable) or it’s just a waste of money and upgrading issue requires a sort of a radical approach?

The gear I’m running with my CA 540D Azur V2: Rega Brio 3, Rega R3; interconnect: Chord Cobra 3

Thank you very much for your input.

A

Anonymous

I'm not a big fan of the V-DAC and X-DAC sound. The rolled off highs and lows may not synergize well with your Regas. It's best if you can listen to this configuration first (V-DAC + Rega).

T

the record spot

Give it a whirl, the V-DAC is very highly rated out there; for the money a bit of a steal too (roughly £150 or so) and the transport in the Cambridge will be absolutely fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts