Cambridge Audio A60 amplifier


New member
Aug 10, 2019
Hi, I've recently bought an A60 Cambridge audio amp from ebay - I would like to be able to connect it to my lap top and iphone, does anyone know what leads I will need? I assume I plug them into the AUX outlet in the back ( but not sure what type of connection to buy...any help would be appreciated, you can tell I'm a bit clueless about these things.


Andrew Everard

New member
May 30, 2007
It's actually an A&R Cambridge - later Arcam - A60, rather than a Cambridge Audio, and it uses DIN input sockets rather than the phono sockets used on almost all modern amplifiers. You'll need a cable with a 3.5mm mini-jack plug on one end (for your laptop or iPhone), and a DIN plug on the other, wired with pin 3 for the left input, pin 5 for the right, and pin 2 for the common/return, as it says above the sockets on the rear of the amp.

This page gives some examples of suitable cables - but note such cables are directional, in that different pins are used for input and output on the DIN plugs/sockets, so make sure you buy a cable wired up to take signal from the 3.5mm stereo plug to the DIN, and not vice versa.

The third cable on the page linked to above - the least expensive one - should be more than adequate for your needs. You can use any of the three DIN inputs on the amp for the connection.



Latest posts