Cambridge Audio 650A + Morduant Short Aviano 8

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I will start with a disclaimer - I am fairly new to the hifi space!

I am primarily interested in (stereo) music. Did an audition today where the sound engineer showed me the CA 650A + MS Aviano 8 combination. I liked what I heard.

I wanted to do a technical check with the experts to make sure I am making a good choice. Any comment or help will be much appreciated.

Thanks !

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
well...not bad.the amp is fine.the speakers i dont know but you would be ok with the aviano 6,and if it is not a big space for them....they would me more than enough

A

Anonymous

If you liked what you heard, then yes, you are problably making the right choice. Assuming, of course, that you have listened to other equipment (you have a wide choice at this budget) and liked that less?

But yes, the Aviano 8 could be considered overkill with that amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies !

Yes, I was worried about the overkill part. Which would be an ideal amp for the Aviano 8 ?

A

Anonymous

My friend,I am using cambridge audio 340a with mordaunt short 902i speakers. I think the sound is similar to what you are planning to buy but my system is a lot of steps down. The thing I can tell you is the bass is not that deep on my kit and both the speakers and the amp are a bit sparkly on the high side. But if you listen to jazz I think the system is detailed, with warm vocals and a nice treble. Ultimately I think it depends on your choice of music. Try to audition more speakers because at ur budget you really will be spoiled for choice

A

Anonymous

Thanks Shafin.

The following is from the MS Aviano 8 Page: "Aviano 8 takes the range to the zenith with an enhanced CPC driver configuration affording this flagship model rock-solid bass, a really clear soundstage packed with detail, rhythmic timing and a truly emotive midrange. Aviano 8 offers an extremely engaging listen and delivers jaw-dropping results across music and home theatre."

It seems to indicate that MS Aviano 8 delivers rock solid bass. But then again, this is from the manufacturer's page.

Any other amp or speaker suggestion - the intent is excellent stereo sound within a similar budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts