Calling David @ Frank Harvey

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
I think this thread has definitely overstepped the mark when it starts talking about people having mental health problems. Unless, of course, corroborative evidence is available to be presented. Until then it just becomes distasteful 'he's a nutter' comments.

Referring to the time Peter Belt started making his discoveries, his wife says on their website ...

"My husband was quite psychologically devastated for some time. I am not trained in electronic theory, so the results to me were only surprising not devastating ..."

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
The 'we are the experts' attitude is fairly commonplace though, I didn't really realise how pervasive it was until I quit and, as described above, visited a few dealers as a 'civilian'.
Do feel free to point out anything I have stated on this forum which even hints at the attitude you describe. Just because you are guilty of being so, that doesn't make me so.

Please note that in this instance I am talking about 'opinion' being given as if from 'on high', some punters actually believe this stuff.
Given from "on high"?! Are you "high"?!!

As for the instance of dealers giving advice that is simply factually incorrect, that is another story and one deserving of its own thread.
Please do state exactly what I said that was factually incorrect, taking into account the context of my reply to the OP.

Anyway, back to my movie. I can't believe I took time out from it to reply.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Did Peter Belt actually have real mental problems (in a purely medical sense I mean)? I can't find any evidence of this on the net anywhere? I've never heard of the guy before today but after half an hour of looking all that I can see is pure comical audiophoolery BS of the highest level.

To be fair things haven't really changed much these days either when you read through hifi magazines and forums. The foo they peddle and the crazy ideas that still 'do the rounds' nowadays may seem a bit more credible to the impressionable among us but most of it is still obviously crazy audiophool BS to anyone with half a brain cell and a basic understanding of physics.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Did Peter Belt actually have real mental problems (in a purely medical sense I mean)? I can't find any evidence of this on the net anywhere?

Has your wife ever stated, in public, on your own website, that you were once "quite psychologically devastated for some time".

Not 'upset', 'mystified', 'perplexed' or 'frustrated' mind you.

I think it was what she said it was.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
davedotco said:
The 'we are the experts' attitude is fairly commonplace though, I didn't really realise how pervasive it was until I quit and, as described above, visited a few dealers as a 'civilian'.
Do feel free to point out anything I have stated on this forum which even hints at the attitude you describe. Just because you are guilty of being so, that doesn't make me so.

Please note that in this instance I am talking about 'opinion' being given as if from 'on high', some punters actually believe this stuff.
Given from "on high"?! Are you "high"?!!

As for the instance of dealers giving advice that is simply factually incorrect, that is another story and one deserving of its own thread.
Please do state exactly what I said that was factually incorrect, taking into account the context of my reply to the OP.

Anyway, back to my movie. I can't believe I took time out from it to reply.

These observations were of a general nature, I didn't quote you, neither did I mention you by name.

But, obviously it is all about you, big ego or what...*unknw*

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
These observations were of a general nature, I didn't quote you, neither did I mention you by name.

But, obviously it is all about you, big ego or what...*unknw*
The power of suggestion and all that...

Seeing as you couldn't respond specifically to any of my questions, I'd say that's case closed.

To the OP (if he bothers coming back here again), I stand by what I said in my reply to you, and I'd say the same thing to anyone else who asks the same. You can always contact me directly if you wish to discuss any further at david@frankharvey.co.uk

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you now suggesting that I should respond to your posts refuting statements that I never made?

Now you are getting silly, it really was a general statement about the quality and style of service that I had encountered in hi-fi stores as a 'civilian', it really is not all about you.

For balance, I would offer Saj at Audio Venue in Ealing as an example of a very helpful dealer who helped a colleague put together a system around his preferred B&W CM series speakers. Very good service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts