admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to upgrade my kit with the following Cyrus equipment, 1x CDXTse+, 1x DACXP+, 2x Mono X, 2xPSXR's, Cyrus interconnect, (Dacxp-mono x's) unless this lead can be bettered in this system! My speakers I all ready have are Spendor A5's, My questions are as follows should I go optical or co-axal to connect the CDXT to the DACXP and what do you recomend. I am also considering the chord company signature speaker cable which whilst expensive I should only need 2 x 2.5 meters and was wondering if this is a worthwhile investment given the proposed kit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Cyrus make their own speaker cable

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/product.asp?ProductID=10

Could be worth investigating.

As Cyrus make their own cables i would imagine they work well together but if you want to try something else i always recommend Kimber, thats only because they are tried and tested in my own system, albeit not Cyrus. Russ Andrews supply Kimber in the UK and have a 60 day home trial in place, so if you don't like them just return them no quibbles. Easy.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Dave101258:

I am just about to upgrade my kit with the following Cyrus equipment, 1x CDXTse+, 1x DACXP+, 2x Mono X, 2xPSXR's, Cyrus interconnect, (Dacxp-mono x's) unless this lead can be bettered in this system! My speakers I all ready have are Spendor A5's, My questions are as follows should I go optical or co-axal to connect the CDXT to the DACXP and what do you recomend. I am also considering the chord company signature speaker cable which whilst expensive I should only need 2 x 2.5 meters and was wondering if this is a worthwhile investment given the proposed kit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

I'd suggest Chord Indigo Plus for digital. For me, solid core cable can't be beaten *runs for cover* so I'd add DNM to the list too.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Coaxial connection is generally regarded as better than optical, although I have never compared the two back to back.

I use a Chord Signature digital between my CD Xt SE+ and Pre XPdQx and it sounds great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts