Cables (again!)

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Forgive the double posting but as I didn't even know there was an accessories page I thought that I'd try posting the link here.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/accessories/van-damme-blue-bargain-of-the-century

As my comment in the above link suggests, I'm going from stereo to 5.1 and will need cables for it. The MA BX5s are going to be replaced by the MA Radius 270HD10's 5.1 system. Anyone has any great thoughts on cables; much appreciated!

Big hugs all round. ;)

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer floorstanders to speaker stands, my room isn't big enough for floorstanders all around, I can't (yet) afford Apex (despite them being stand mounted) and I don't want to attach speakers to the wall; so it's a compromise.

There really aren't that many alternatives.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
thats a shame your avr was made for bigger rooms.my be a down grade mite be an idea.i had an avr400 and moved house and the room was small so i sold my arcam and got a new yamaha for £500 and sold my b&w cms and got some cambridge audio minx21.with the money i had left i got a new 60"lcd.best thing i ever did:dance:

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The Arcam AVR 500 is a fantastic receiver, when it works, I used to own one. There is nothing wrong with using it with the Radius in a small room. Yes it would be better paired with something like the Apex, but as you say needs must. I used to run the Radius range and they are great speakers .

There is no need to downgrade an amp because its a small room. Quality amplification is quality amplification.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There are quite a few rated budget speaker cables - I have heard the audio quest Flipfil 14/4 it was very good for the money - it is mega thick so make sure it suits your decor / room can hide it. Alternatives Van Damme UP LC-OFC is decent again for the money but I would go with the Audioquest over that from what I heard. The audio quest is not so easy for a rear speaker run - if you go with it you can scale it down to the single run not sure the number to reduce the diameter of it to make it easier to hide. I don.t have the same speaker cable front and back, I wish I did - it makes a difference so keep it the same if you can. I would also keep all front 3 runs the same length and the 2 rears the same length also regardless if the length of cable is needed for each of the speakers. Best of luck

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies one and all.

Ric; talking with dealers they agree that the AVR should work really well with the Radius's. We'll see in due course. I bought it brand new for £1200, a deal I thought too good to miss out on, it allows me scope to switch to something like the Apex in future if I get a bigger room.

I've gone for VanDamme Blue; all I need to do now is work out how I get it under the floorboards to the other side of the room!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts