Driving myself NUTS trying to choose Speaker Cables for the rear channel speakers in a home theater...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

twochordcool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is 4TC is half of 8TC (which is bad enough?) but 4PR is half AND different conductors / dielectrics / insulation etc...

I could be mistaken but I think I'm better off with a really good quality, more affordable cable for rears from another brand / manufacturer than a lesser quality / different / more affordable speaker cable fron the same manufacturer / maker.

I may be wrong but I think it would be OK if the rear speaker cables are different from the front providing they are of good quality?

Anybody else care to chime in on this?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
twochordcool said:
My understanding is 4TC is half of 8TC (which is bad enough?) but 4PR is half AND different conductors / dielectrics / insulation etc...

I could be mistaken but I think I'm better off with a really good quality, more affordable cable for rears from another brand / manufacturer than a lesser quality / different / more affordable speaker cable fron the same manufacturer / maker.

I may be wrong but I think it would be OK if the rear speaker cables are different from the front providing they are of good quality?

I think your missing the point the cable will sound most like Kimber is Kimber - also what makes you think flip fil etc is better than 4PR?

But if your not bothered about this just get the what you think.is best

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
twochordcool said:

That will be just fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts