Cable questions: analogue over digital?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
GoodDay Clare and all,

Have some top CABLE questions i would like to ask the experts : -

PICK your question: !!

a) Which are better in quality of sounds? analogue or digital interconnects? Which are better value for money ? (Assuming i'm comparing both award winners ofcourse...Merlin Mozart and the True Colours Industries Coral ?)

b)Currently i have my mp3z on a hard drive, is there a a certain sound card which is better than all others which i can purchase to ensure i get the best quality off my music? Any review websites would be appreciated ofcourse....

c) What cable should i go for from sound card to Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC ? Is the co-axial digital cable the best option in terms fo quality?

d)Assuming i purchase a lindy 6way mains and my country has a two pin electric world, does it defeat the purpose of the mains' magic ?

Thanks a lot !

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kimbiz:
GoodDay Clare and all,

Have some top CABLE questions i would like to ask the experts : -

PICK your question: !!

a) Which are better in quality of sounds? analogue or digital interconnects? Which are better value for money ? (Assuming i'm comparing both award winners ofcourse...Merlin Mozart and the True Colours Industries Coral ?)

b)Currently i have my mp3z on a hard drive, is there a a certain sound card which is better than all others which i can purchase to ensure i get the best quality off my music? Any review websites would be appreciated ofcourse....

c) What cable should i go for from sound card to Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC ? Is the co-axial digital cable the best option in terms fo quality?

d)Assuming i purchase a lindy 6way mains and my country has a two pin electric world, does it defeat the purpose of the mains' magic ?

Thanks a lot !

First of all, you will need to let us know what your kit is.

To answer question A, digital and analogue cables serve different interests. For instance, if you have a digital cable from your PC to your amp, you are sending the information straight to your amp's DAC (digital to analogue converter). If you connect your PC to your amp with analogue cables, your PC's soundcard would be doing the DAC work and then sending it to your amp. So really, the question should be, which has the best DAC, your amp or your soundcard.

B and C are linked.

If you have the DacMagic, you needn't worry about the quality of the soundcard as it would be by-passed. By connecting PC to DacMagic via coaxial or optical (better than USB as it has it's limitations), you will be sending the information straight to the DacMagic to do the DAC work.

No idea with your last question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts