Cable lifters

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So my Agora Acoustics X-Rider cable lifters (2nd hand off eBay) have been in my system now for a week. I am delighted to report that they look great. A worthwhile investment if you want everything to look tidy.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
So my Agora Acoustics X-Rider cable lifters (2nd hand off eBay) have been in my system now for a week. I am delighted to report that they look great. A  worthwhile investment if you want everything to look tidy.

Do they have any effect on the sound?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gaz37 said:
Gazzip said:
So my Agora Acoustics X-Rider cable lifters (2nd hand off eBay) have been in my system now for a week. I am delighted to report that they look great. A worthwhile investment if you want everything to look tidy.

More importantly, are they Cryogenically treated?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Gaz37 said:
Gazzip said:

More importantly, are they Cryogenically treated?

God, I hope so at that price.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
So my Agora Acoustics X-Rider cable lifters (2nd hand off eBay) have been in my system now for a week. I am delighted to report that they look great. A  worthwhile investment if you want everything to look tidy.

Acrylic X with elastic bands?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
not a lot there to do much what made you go for those ones?

...both materials are electrical insulators and the structure they make together elevate the cables from the floor. Not a lot more to be done I wouldn’t have said.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
newlash09 said:
should be aghora acoustics. Aghora stands for tantric / left field black magic in indian religion. Someone removed the 'H" to add magic to hifi :)

I am pretty sure it refers to the voluntary association or agreement between two things. See Agorism. Kind of describes isolation in a way.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
i would have thought using rack or stand based thought process would do it if anything would

Such as layered wood like bamboo.

Just asking in case there was anything outside the norm.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Gazzip said:
newlash09 said:
should be aghora acoustics. Aghora stands for tantric / left field black magic in indian religion. Someone removed the 'H" to add magic to hifi :)

I am pretty sure it refers to the voluntary association or agreement between two things. See Agorism. Kind of describes isolation in a way.

I stand corrected :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
These are the Bad Boys to try

Furutech NCF Booster features & construction[/b]
[*]Multi-material hybrid construction – a Furutech original design.[*]Support unit: audio-grade ABS resin and NCF nylon resin to eliminate static charge.[*]Top clamp unit: stainless steel block and audio-grade NCF nylon resin.[*]Base unit: audio-grade ABS resin body with slip-proof, shock-absorbing plate with counterweight.[*]Overall dimensions: 94 x 99.7 mm approx. Height: base level 80 mm / extended level 140 mm approx.[*]Net weight: Base level 580 mm / extended level 630 mm approx.[/list]

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You can buy some ceramic/rubber/glass cable standofs for high voltage power lines. I've seen them sold as audiophile cable lifters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts