Cable lifters

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've just had a look at the prices bit rich for me, and my basic setup i think it would be overkill to be fair, a DAC with phono outputs rather than a 3.5mm output will be my next purchase with some decent ish interconnects.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
jimmy1 said:
I've just had a look at the prices bit rich for me, and my basic setup i think it would be overkill to be fair, a DAC with phono outputs rather than a 3.5mm output will be my next purchase with some decent ish interconnects.

Outbudgeting your debate oponent always works.

YOUR POORMAN'S SYSTEM WILL NEVER REVEAL THE ANGEL FARTS HIDDEN IN MUSIC MADE BY ANCIENT ALIENS LIKE BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN WHO MIXED THEM ON GARBAGE YAMAHA NS10 WITH SNOT PAPER ON THE TWEETER!

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
haha i know it seems not good compared to most peoples systems on here but i love it, zappa and charlie mingus sound a beast on it to me, i normally tinker with the innards of speakers but my missions seem fine for £169 amp was £189 im still buzzing off the pure bargain considering mission lx4's are around £500, think they the same in different boxes

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
jimmy1 said:
I've just had a look at the prices bit rich for me, and my basic setup i think it would be overkill to be fair,  a DAC with phono outputs rather than a 3.5mm output will be my next purchase with some decent ish interconnects.

Outbudgeting your debate oponent always works. 

YOUR POORMAN'S SYSTEM WILL NEVER REVEAL THE ANGEL FARTS HIDDEN IN MUSIC MADE BY ANCIENT ALIENS LIKE BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN WHO MIXED THEM ON GARBAGE YAMAHA NS10 WITH SNOT PAPER ON THE TWEETER! 

Standard response when somebody reports no improvement from a snake oil product

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm only joking. I really have no clue what cable elevators really do or should be doing. Some perfectly sane and reasonable ppl use them so go figure.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
These are the Bad Boys to try

Furutech NCF Booster features & construction
  • Multi-material hybrid construction – a Furutech original design.
  • Support unit: audio-grade ABS resin and NCF nylon resin to eliminate static charge.
  • Top clamp unit: stainless steel block and audio-grade NCF nylon resin.
  • Base unit: audio-grade ABS resin body with slip-proof, shock-absorbing plate with counterweight.
  • Overall dimensions: 94 x 99.7 mm approx. Height: base level 80 mm / extended level 140 mm approx.
  • Net weight: Base level 580 mm / extended level 630 mm approx.

Audio-grade ABS resin? W.T.F. is that? ABS is just a durable form of polystyrene. It costs twice as much as polystyrene to manufacture however, so these £320 beauties probably cost about 4 pence each to make instead of 2 pence. I'm also enjoying those two polished stainless steel aerials which are either side of the cable mounting. Brilliant!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Audio-grade means nonmagnetic, nonconductive and nonpiezoelectric.

Even though ABS plastics are used largely for mechanical purposes, they also have electrical properties that are fairly constant over a wide range of frequencies. These properties are little affected by temperature and atmospheric humidity in the acceptable operating range of temperatures.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The Furutech FI50 uses nano ceramic whats its - they are incredible things.

I havent tried the NCF version - but the FI50 works, seriously impressive things

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:

Even though ABS plastics are used largely for mechanical purposes, they also have electrical properties that are fairly constant over a wide range of frequencies. These properties are little affected by temperature and atmospheric humidity in the acceptable operating range of temperatures.

ABS simply has those properties as a material. There is no such thing as "audio-grade ABS resin".

Furutech are not, as implied, employing a hi-end version of the material, they are just using a cheap and stable material, sold at a high price.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Furutech make the best connectors - they are the daddys - if any cable lifters are going to work it will be Furutechs

Gazzip when are you getting some..

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:

ABS simply has those properties as a material. There is no such thing as "audio-grade ABS resin".

Furutech are not, as implied, employing a hi-end version of the material, they are just using a cheap and stable material, sold at a high price.

I forgot nonstatic and vibration resistant with self-dampening characteristics.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Furutech make the best connectors - they are the daddys - if any cable lifters are going to work it will be Furutechs

*biggrin* My line not to cross may be thin and broken in places, but it's drawn thick and bold at £320 cable lifters.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:

*biggrin* My line not to cross may be thin and broken in places, but it's drawn thick and bold at £320 cable lifters.

...and cables.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:

I forgot nonstatic and vibration resistant with self-dampening characteristics.

So do my faeces, but I wouldn't use little piles of that to rest my cables on either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts