Cable lifters

insider9

Just been looking at a pic of someone's system and they're using what I now know are called "Cable Lifters"

For those like me who didn't know are little bits of support that keep cables of the floor. The guy has a serious system worth circa £15k cables not included.

I know it wasn't done for cosmetic reasons so I'll ask you this. What sonic improvements would one expect from these? How are they suppose to work?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Just been looking at a pic of someone's system and they're using what I now know are called "Cable Lifters"

For those like me who didn't know are little bits of support that keep cables of the floor. The guy has a serious system worth circa £15k cables not included.

I know it wasn't done for cosmetic reasons so I'll ask you this. What sonic improvements would one expect from these? How are they suppose to work?

It's gonna get nasty
But please Mon only the real crazy mf going to put that in

And there will be some that definitely hear the difference

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:

It's gonna get nasty
But please Mon only the real crazy mf going to put that in

And there will be some that definitely hear the difference
I don't see myself doing it. Just wondering if there's any reason why this could work? Also how would someone come to the idea that what I need is little stands for my speaker cable?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have always wanted to try it - these are on of those things I think to look at when you have your house properly in order.

Acoustics

Freq Reponse

Kit Quality

Mains

Cables

Isolation

insider9

ellisdj said:
I have always wanted to try it - these are on of those things I think to look at when you have your house properly in order.

Acoustics

Freq Reponse

Kit Quality

Mains

Cables

Isolation
I agree 100%

I'm on Kit Quality stage at the minute (source, amp). Although will put in some extra room treatment as new speakers excite the room a little more than the last ones.

And good to know it's mains before cables in your opinion.

I'm genuinely curious, respectful and open minded. But for an amateur or civilian as some people call them. It just sounds bonkers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
One of the arch subjectivists of the early 1980s, I think this one is down to her.

In a somewhat similar vein, we used to demonstrate the then latest Naim Nac32/Snaps/Nap250 with each piece placed on a separate single tier SO tables and the Naim cables stretched tight between them. This was compared to the same equipment in a 'normal' configuration, pre-amp and power supply side by side on the top shelf with the power amp taking up the bottom shelf.

Naturally the sepate tables and 'stretched' cables sounded better...*diablo*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
What could you get from it in terms of benefit - for me all these types of tweaks improve the systems focus.

Most of the time what we are listening is not very focused at all and can get more focused and more focused sounding. Messing with dacs has really hammered that home to me.

Thats what makes me think that stage is really critical

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
If you want to lift your cables (and I haven't)...you can make the lifters from old cardboard egg boxes.

I got my servants to life them for me. It made a tremendous difference, so I ordered some more servants specially trained in cable lifting.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
I think you're looking into serious whack-a-doodle territory there, careful now *biggrin*

I tempted to ask the moderators - really lovely people - to create a new sub-forum dedicated to serious whack-a-doodle territory. Not sure what we could call it. How about "Serious whack-a-doodle territory"?

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Pedro said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
Cable dressing is taken very seriously on the naim forum for those who have the higher end gear...300-500 series stuff.

And?
Well there's your answer then. Whatever the general consensus on the Naim forum is, do the opposite for best results. It's a guiding principle that has never let me down. So far.

Whenever I see lifted cables I think "Trip Hazard!!"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts