just got some decent kit as follows

Primare pre30, A 30.2 power, CD31
Chord Anthem 2's

Monitor Audio GS10's
Chord carnival silver bi-wire

Quad L sub
Chord Siren

sounds fantastic.
weak link I beleive is the speaker cable.I need two 11m runs.

I would like to get Chord Epic super twin,would this be worth the outlay.

thanks in anticipation.

The Mohawk

A

Anonymous

the Epic will cost about £1350,is there anything else that will come close for less than a grand/

A

Anonymous

11m runs is a lot of speaker cable... I'd suggest trying to move your gear closer to the speakers before investing in speaker cable. ;)

A

Anonymous

loose the wife and change the room problem solved its a direct and effective aproach to problems!!! just kiding

A

Anonymous

just bumping this to the top and adding to my original cable question.

does the kit I have listed really count as "high End" as in does the stuff I have warrant a top of the range mains block or would a £350 gemini do the trick.

Andrew suggested jumping in and getting the Epic super twin and I am on the verge of ordering it,but will my stereo bring out the best in such a purchase.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mohawk"]does the kit I have listed really count as "high End" [/quote]

Depending on who you are talking to? Personally I really dislike that word as it's can be used by hifi company to get more cash out of you! (although it's a simple way to discribe an expensive gears so I do use it)

So there it is High End to me, mean expensive Hifi products and everybody have different ideas in What is expensive and what is cheap!

A

Anonymous

it's the phrase "if you have high end kit you'll really notice the difference" that gets me.

I'm just trying to get to the stage where my hi-fi sounds as good as I can realistically get it with the money available and then just enjoy it for a couple of years which is the soonest I would be able to get new speakers past the wife without any flak.

I only want to spend more money if I will really hear the difference.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mohawk"]
Andrew suggested jumping in and getting the Epic super twin

[/quote]

Umm, not quite - you said you were thinking of buying the Epic and was it worth the outlay, and I said I thought it was.

But you could get 95% of the way there with a less expensive Chord cable for your system: Odyssey would be a good bet, and it's about half the price...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mohawk"]
I only want to spend more money if I will really hear the difference.

[/quote]

In that case I don't think you need to spend that much as many cheaper cables would be as good!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts