BX5 not suit for symphony

mm_jld

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm looking for good advise here.... :help:

I bought CD6004 + PM6004 + BX5 a few months ago.

But I feel the sound is not powerful at all when I'm playing the symphony. :wall:

Would that be the BX5 is not good for symphony or something else?

Thanks!

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's anything to do with the amplifier/cd player! I auditioned this combination when I bought my hifi and the BX5s are simply poor with classical music. They muddle the sound and they make piano notes sound "cracked". All goes to show that you shouldn't trust all you read in reviews. :rofl: (They are fine with contemporary music.)

I bought the KEF Q500s which are more analytical and really suit classical music. I was listening to the classic Karajan Prokofiev 5th last night and it was simply stunning with all those lovely percussion instruments clearly identified yet integrated into the whole.

If you want to stick to MA the RX6s are very nice (albeit more expensive). I still prefer the KEFs to the RX6s but it is very close IMO.

I hope that is useful.

Chris

mm_jld

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
I don't think it's anything to do with the amplifier/cd player! I auditioned this combination when I bought my hifi and the BX5s are simply poor with classical music. They muddle the sound and they make piano notes sound "cracked". All goes to show that you shouldn't trust all you read in reviews. :rofl: (They are fine with contemporary music.)

I bought the KEF Q500s which are more analytical and really suit classical music. I was listening to the classic Karajan Prokofiev 5th last night and it was simply stunning with all those lovely percussion instruments clearly identified yet integrated into the whole.

If you want to stick to MA the RX6s are very nice (albeit more expensive). I still prefer the KEFs to the RX6s but it is very close IMO.

I hope that is useful.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I've listened Q500 but with different amp and CD, the sound is great for symphony!!

How about other type music?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts