Buying new speaker, you expertise needed...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, I know there must be hundereds of threads like this on here all the time, but any help would be very much appreciated.

I was original set on buying some Tannoy Sensys DC2 Speakers http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2563

however I saw that these Linn Komponent 110 http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3345 for what I've been told is a very decent price. I've heard good things about them, and if they are worth getting I would happily hand over the extra cash. 

Any views on either set would be brilliant, or any other sugestions are more than welcome.

Cheers. 

A

Anonymous

Hi Burney, and welcome to the forum.

Those two sets of speakers come from significantly different price brackets, even before the reductions in prices advertised, so it may not be entirely fair to compare them. Having said that, more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better sounding to YOU, as it's a very personal thing. Last time I auditioned two different sets of speakers, I actually came away with the cheaper set, as they suited my tastes better. That was also at Superfi, incidentally. General experience of them seems to be very positive based on comments on these forums. They'll be happy to demo stuff for you and will doubtless suggest other alternatives. Even if it means a day trip to the nearest town / city where there's a shop, it's well worth the effort.

Someone else with experience of these speakers may be able to comment, but whatever you do, don't buy without hearing them first. Good luck.

T

the record spot

Floorstanders - Q Acoustics 1050i - works well with a wide range of gear and, if you don't mind the finish (a matter of taste) they give you a sound way past their relative budget means would suggest they're capable of. £253 delivered to your door from a dealer in Ayrshire and widely on offer for well under their £350 RRP currently elsewhere. Current Hi Fi World speaker of the year.

Also, Quad 21L2 going for £500 with a £200 discount currently; not sure on your budget, but another nice speaker.

A

Anonymous

Electronics will be my next question, I'm reckon I'm able to spend about £250

Yea I know they are at a very different price bracket, but if they are worth spending the extra for, which one source has told me they are(not that this info 100%ÿreliable), then I would be prepared to fork out the extra.

ÿ

EDIT: cheers for the suggestions, I'll have a look at those . My budget for speakers is quite loose, ÿI just want quality to be honest, anywhere up to £600 possibly more if it's somthing specialÿ

ÿ

T

the record spot

If not the Q's, then Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6's at £699 in Richer Sounds (mention the What Hifi advert, otherwise it's about £800). If you're going to £250 though, I'd look at the 1050is - I've not heard them - yet - but the Hi Fi World review rates them alright; good with a wide range of music and will stand an upgrade or two. That rarest of things, a sub-£500 floorstander that sounds good!

A

Anonymous

Sounds good, from what I've read they sound pretty good. SuperFi in manchester has them I'll pop in to have a look.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts