Built in Ipod dock on a-s500

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I think if the ipod dock is of a high quality it would make mind up with regards which amp I would be choosing between this the RA04se and the Marantz pm6003. Having a built in dock is an amazing feature cant understand why more amps do not have this feature

emcc_3:Is this dock any good? Does it connect through the ipod cable and charge ipod at the same time?

Hi emcc_3

You can connect the optional YDS-12 to the A-S500 and yes it can charge the battery at the same time.

Btw, Yamaha's YID-W10 AirWired Transmitter can also be used

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emcc_3:I think if the ipod dock is of a high quality it would make mind up with regards which amp I would be choosing between this the RA04se and the Marantz pm6003. Having a built in dock is an amazing feature cant understand why more amps do not have this feature

Hi emcc_3

Yes, i also feel the iPod on the A-S500 is an excellent feature.

Btw, the A-S500 also uses a dedicated power supply for the CD and dock port. They use a One Point Balanced Circuit for the iPod. Current from an iPod is very noisy so this circuit helps reduce noise which allows greater and cleaner current to other circuits, which results in superior performance.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I'll think I will try the YDS-12 when I get the amp as I have quite alot of music on my Ipod. Like the fact that you can use the Yamaha remote with the Ipod if you do this.

TRENDING THREADS