Budget speakers for cyrus one amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I just got a cyrus one amplifier, can somebody recommend some budget speakers? Budget I mean less than £100, my source is a Panasonic BD45 Blu-ray player, yeah, kind of not hifi, I'm also chasing rega planar 3 and later I will get a decent cd player. Any input? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm a bit late, sorry. I think you also need to know that I'm a rank novice at this sort of thing.

For what it's worth I ran my Cyrus 1 on Monitor Audio BR1 speakers. Prob also depends on your cd player, but they sounded okay to me - rich, smooth and surprising bass for such a small speaker, though they did sound a touch clumpy. Whether that's down to the amp or even the CDP I've no idea, though I've just rigged them up to a small Quad amp and there's some improvement. When I was in the shop last year I compared the BR1s to the BR2's. The BR2's were much more open sounding.

I used to run my Cyrus with a pair of Mordaunt Short MS25i floorstanders but they sounded so thin........

Anyway, good luck!

Georgios said:
Hi there, I just got a cyrus one amplifier, can somebody recommend some budget speakers? Budget I mean less than £100, my source is a Panasonic BD45 Blu-ray player, yeah, kind of not hifi, I'm also chasing rega planar 3 and later I will get a decent cd player. Any input? Thanks.

Hi Georgios

B&W 601S2's work well with the Cyrus One amplifier :)

Btw, the Cyrus One is an excellent amplifier :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts