Budget amp to match Mordaunt-Short 902i speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all!

After selling my Denon DM37DAB my head is spinning from trying to find a budget amplifier that will make the most of my Mordaunt Short 902i speakers! From the magazine's review I know I need to avoid any amps with over-enthusiastic treble, but I'm not sure which amps are under-enthusiastic! My budget is £250-ish. I definitely need a remote control so I believe that rules out any of the Rotel offerings in my price range. Does anyone have any suggestions? The Marantz PM6003 gets fantastic reviews, but would it be a good match and does anyone have experience of using it with the 902i's?

Many thanks in advance!

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
nad 326bee will work well with most speakers, i used to have one and the sound is the best i heard in the budget range. no bright treble, with a natrual flow to the sound. maybe take a look at cambrigde audio range but people say they can sound a bit bright.

matthewpiano

I would suggest looking at 2nd hand. The best I ever heard my 902i speakers was partnered with an Arcam Alpha 8 amplifier, which you should pick up for around £100-£130 in mint condition.

Failing that the NAD is a decent suggestion but watch the bass end of things. It can start to sound a little muddy.

A

Anonymous

Brilliant, thanks guys! I hadn't considered either of those those amps so I'll have a good look into them.

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts