Bristol Sound and Vision show - Travel advice from a local!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For all of you planning on coming to the Bristol show this weekend, I thought I'd offer a bit of local travel advice.

You have no doubt been to the official site and scanned through the travel recommendations................

..............and may have come to the conclusion that "its just easier to drive and park nearby".

BE WARNED. We are in the midst of a major city centre redevleopment in the immediate vicinity of the show and parking in the area is at an absolute premium (as well as being extortionate!).

I would advise anybody heading in to the show to seriously consider catching the train, ensuring you get to the Bristol TEMPLE MEADS station (which is about a 10 minute walk away). Do not head to Bristol PARKWAY station which is miles away!!!!

Alternatively, the park and ride scheme from UWE (as mentioned on the site) is actually very well run and will save you a lot of hassle.

Anyway, hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Seconded, from another local, and bumped for all who might have missed this.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Oh yes - and at 9-10am, the time that most will arrive tomorrow (me included!) it will be a bit of a nightmare. I'm getting the missus to drop me off as the parking will be a bit of a 'mare...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Judging from the queues of people outside this morning just before opening, it's going to be a seriously busy one tomorrow. And having waited for an hour or more for the car park next door before now, I'd suggest you either get here really early or make alternative travel arrangements

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts