Sound and Vision at Bristol this weekend

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody going down to the Sound & Vision show in Bristol this weekend? I am (for the first time) on my own - the alternative was to bring other half and offspring. Better on my own for this I think!

D

Deleted member 2457

wilro15 said:
Is anybody going down to the Sound & Vision show in Bristol this weekend? I am (for the first time) on my own - the alternative was to bring other half and offspring. Better on my own for this I think!
Not me I am afraid.

matthewpiano

I was hoping to go this year, but I'm involved with two events with work - the Music Education Expo at Olympia until Friday, and then a competitive music festival in Milton Keynes all weekend.

I'll be going to the Hi-Fi Wigwam show at Scalford in March though as it looks interesting and Melton Mowbray is local to me.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I usually go on my own on a Friday but this year it's Wales versus France in Cardiff in the 6 Nations rugby with a late evening kick-off - so getting back to Cardiff from Bristol on the train could be a nightmare. So I have accepted an offer to go on Saturday with 3 hifi enthusiasts - only one of which I have met just a few times previously ( a work colleagues husband). Might be an interesting day for all kinds of reasons.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Glutton for punishment or working on a booth?
I just find it far more interesting to wander round at my own pace, having time to go back to rooms that were busy, spend more time in rooms I like, and giving the substandard rooms a second try... :)

...much better than turning up at 11 on a Sunday, spend half the day talking to reps, and then most start dismantling the rooms after 4pm!

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
There really shouldn't be anyone putting their rooms down until the time. Especially since you can't even get your gear out of the place but mostly because people have paid. this year I have a colleague with me so looking forward to getting to see some of the show myself

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
and then most start dismantling the rooms after 4pm!

That does annoy me: I mean, I know they have to get home and stuff, but it does rather shortchange anyone who goes on the last day of the show, especially as rooms are also usually a bit slow to get going on that day as the staff have been out on the lash the night before. ;-)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
sheggs said:
but mostly because people have paid

Yes, still struggle to get my head around "this is a show organised by a retailer where manufacturers and distributors are all trying to sell me things, and you want me to pay how much to come in?"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts