Bristol Hifi Show 24th - 26th Feb 2023

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Thanks. Yes, the paving is awful. We went back to the ‘crime scene’ before my appointment to take pics with a ruler visible.

The good news is that despite the two fractures around the eye socket, and the shattered sinus, it should all heal naturally with just a tiny cheekbone indentation to show for it. No need for an op to correct eye muscles or sinus function - just cosmetic if my face looked wonky. They think it’ll be almost unnoticeable, and I certainly don’t want to go under the knife unless essential. A big relief.

The nerve damage should heal, so the paresthesia I currently have around nose, jaw and teeth - feels rather like when you get an upper jaw anaesthetic at the dentist - should clear up in a few months.

Professor Steven Thomas was my consultant and he was very reassuring. He took me though my CT scan, section by section. Fascinating, if slightly scary!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. Much appreciated.
Well, pleased it's more encouraging news nopiano. It could have been worse but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

These councils should be ashamed of themselves -- in towns and cities the pavements should be periodically checked and fixed.

Wish you well.

Reactions: nopiano
Well, pleased it's more encouraging news nopiano. It could have been worse but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

These councils should be ashamed of themselves -- in towns and cities the pavements should be periodically checked and fixed.

Wish you well.
Especially as a fall for someone in their 80s (for example) could result in death.

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
The paving in question looks like it was fairly recently laid. It's not old and cracked by any means. Obviously very shoddy workmanship probably compounded by vans driving on/off for deliveries as they so often do nowdays.

Reactions: nopiano
Walk out the front of the Marriott, turn right, slip through the walkway to the right, cross the road, and it’s the second building down, opposite Five Guys. Quite a few of the exhibitors stay there.
As I said haven't been to Bristol for so long. Visited relatives in Nailsea and Pill (and yes there's a place called that) a good few years ago. Not been to the centre of Bristol in probably 30 years. So mentioning these hotels means nothing.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Here is a quick video summary of the Bristol Hifi Show. I moved House straight after. This with work kept me a little busy. Please excuse the cobbled together way. I have much more footage and endeavour to put together something a little more professional and informative in time. Of course, this may be taken down quickly for copyright hits. Thank you.

View: https://youtu.be/iNFBZ34rK2c

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts