Brand watch : Cyrus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
steve_1979 said:
tonky said:
...Initialy quite impressive. Had a well defined but dry bottom end, was spacious and clear top end... ...Very hard to listen to over extended periods...

Sounds like a girl I used to know.

Did you ABX her....was only one of you blind, or was it a double blind affair? *diablo*

Don't know about the AB part but she's definitely my X now.

I should have nickednamed her Cyrus.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Don't know about the AB part but she's definitely my X now.

I should have nickednamed her Cyrus.

Well you did make her your Mission....and you do like the look of Cytus. *scratch_one-s_head*

insider9

nopiano said:
insider9 said:
Al ears said:
steve_1979 said:
Am I the olny person who likes the look of Cytus kit?

Apparently so...., and you can't spell Cyrus.... ;-)

Cyrus, like Naim are 'marmite' brands with a sonic reproduction you are either going to love or loath.

....and I am sure the rest of the olny people will agree with me. ;--)
Is that what people think about Naim? Interesting...
I think where there are fans who are passionate about something, detractors appear with equally strong dislikes. Think of Apple and BMW for example.

Thanks Nopiano! Didn't think of it that way.

Having heard several Cyrus amps, like Naim, are a little speaker dependant.

Years ago I heard the original Cyrus 8 with Dynaudio Audience 52s and they sounded impressive. As did the more recent 8XP with MA GX100.

I have had the 8VS2 with my old RS6 on home dem, and the metal dome of the MAs just sounded cloying. Great for short, instant impact listening but over long periods, it needs consideration with speakers.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Aren't you prepared to stop this. You have tried to put me down in what is a legitimate thread, which I started following people talking about Cyrus on another thread. So has the Andrew guy.

you are still making this unpleasant, and if you look at this thread you will see your put downs which are designed to make me feel bad, my retort, and then your continuing abuse. You get people onside to try and make it unpleasant.

i suggest you stop as I want to try and get enjoyment out of this forum as much as you do. If you don't like my posts, just ignore them. If you find it difficult to make posts which are anything other than personal attacks then don't do it.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I think this thread isn't going your way and quite honestly I've not, imo, been as derogatory as others. I also feel that not only do you like being the center of attention that you really have trouble accepting other people's opinions.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

grimharry said:
I think this thread isn't going your way and quite honestly I've not, imo, been as derogatory as others. I also feel that not only do you like being the center of attention that you really have trouble accepting other people's opinions.

and I've accepted the opinions of others about Cyrus boxes etc. If I then have something to say about that, it's my opinion and it doesn't mean I don't accept their opinion. If I also ask what stuff people heard it doesn't too mean I don't accept their previous judgements. If you then get aggressive about that, it's not my prerogative.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I will accept others opinions but I'm free to debate them and that's something i can do on a forum. It's not personal. If you have a problem with that it's your problem, not mine. I suggest if you are trying to make people feel uncomfortable, as you have tacitly admitted by your comment, that you stop. I have no grievances against you unless provoked, and the Andrew guy too, but you have to realise this forum isn't yours and the Andrew guy to entice others into put downs.

I am prepared to ignore all that is before if both you and the Andrew guy do too. But it means ignoring my posts please and not responding to any commentary I make. I will do too. Please just don't reply to anything I say to elicit put downs and bad feeling.

if you have a problem with me, I suggest that's the best way forward, so you can enjoy the forum and so can I. But as I've said before if I read one more personal put down post from you or the Andrew guy , I will highlight it in the way I already have outside this forum and as I have discussed with you. Frankly I want nothing to do with you, which I'm sure is reciprocal.

This forum doesn't entitle people to put people down without provocation. It's harassment under the protection from harassment act 1997. I'd suggest you take note and the Andrew guy. I'm raising this with what hi fi too, to try and make sure your responses are hidden if possible. I'm sure you want the same of me. Thank you . Ps please confirm you agree - I trust you do?

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't responded directly to you in this thread until post 21 which was a reply ro your previous post miss quoting what I said on a different thread.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I asked you please and Andrew to not reply or comment any further to my commentary and to confirm that you agree please. I think it's for the best. Thank you.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Cyrus light on bass, really? Took me quite some time to calm the bass in my setup, although I am at the very budget end of Cyrus, I know. But, I'd defy anyone to describe my setup as lacking in bass.

Agree with the comment about it being a marmite brand. One of the reasons I was drawn to Cyrus kit is exactly because it does not look like all the other brands. To me, having a rack of full size identikit stuff would be rather dull. But, again, that's just my opinion.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
cyrus_tri-arbour%204%20big.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts