Bose Lifestyle 35 Series 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As part of the kitchen extension agreement with the missus I am allowed to convert the old dining room into a play room for me and my boys. I am looking to buy a 40-46 inch LCD - probably a Sony for a budget of £1000. We have a playstation 3 for blu-ray and WII for exercise! I also have an old bose lifestyle 35 series 1 for sound.

Is it worth retaining and hooking the bose up to get the benefit of improved sound or should it just be retired to gadget heaven in the sky and I look to buy something more current? Ideally I don't really want to spend more money as I will just have to spend the equivalent on some fancy induction hob or american style freezer as the quid pro quo with the wife.

Also how do I connect it as it is not HDMI?

Also is there a simple way of boosting the WIFI signal around the house?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't see any reason not to use the Bose system as you have it: I'd suggest connecting the video from the two sources you have direct to the TV, and the audio separately to the Bose 'head unit'.

There's only one digital input on the Bose, so which component you connect to that really depends on from which one you want the best surround sound. I'd probably go optical from the PS3, analogue stereo from the Wii, and analogue stereo from the TV for off-air sound - all to the Bose inputs.

Make sure the TV you buy has stereo analogue audio outputs: most do.

For the Wii you can use a cable such as this to feed the video to a Scart input on the TV while breaking out stereo audio for feed to the Bose.

GAMWII-CA01_Wii_Scart.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts