May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

My current setup:

Bose AM 10

Denon AVR-1910

Yamaham YST-100 Subwoofer

Sony BluRay DVD Player

I was planning to upgrade my Bose Acoustimass 10 series 2 home cinema system and replacing it with the B&W MT-30 package.

I need help on the following questions:

- Do you think this is a worthwhile investment and will there definetly be a difference in sound quality?

- My current Bose system, although the cubes look lovely to look at, i find the sound muddy with limited clarity. Plus the Audyssey setup on my Denon amp set the cross-over to 250Hz, is this ok?

- I'm looking for a satellite system and my budget is £2000-3000. Does anyone know if B&W are planning to release an update to the M1 speaker or the MT-30 package? I called B&W and the sales people sounded hazy about it.

Can anyone offer any helpful advice?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I would also look at the apex range, but yes you will see a deff improvment over the bose.

A

Anonymous

take a look at the MK M7 package, excellent for the money and in your budget

infact so is the 750 THX package as well, even better

cheers Al

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
albriscoe:
take a look at the MK M7 package, excellent for the money and in your budget

infact so is the 750 THX package as well, even better

cheers Al

But he has a Denon 1910.

Stick with the sub £1500 packages unless you are willing to upgrade your Denon as well. I would look at the Monitor Audio Radius HD set and the B&W MT30. Your Denon won't be able to show anything better off.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:but he has a Denon 1910. Stick with the sub £1500 packages unless you are willing to upgrade your Denon as well. I would look at the Monitor Audio Radius HD set and the B&W MT30. Your Denon won't be able to show anything better off.

whats wrong with his Denon 1910, do you think it won`t drive the MK`s with 125w into 6 ohms?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
albriscoe:
Gerrardasnails:but he has a Denon 1910. Stick with the sub £1500 packages unless you are willing to upgrade your Denon as well. I would look at the Monitor Audio Radius HD set and the B&W MT30. Your Denon won't be able to show anything better off.

whats wrong with his Denon 1910, do you think it won`t drive the MK`s with 125w into 6 ohms?

Nothing wrong with the Denon, and it will drive the M&K speakers ok. However a £500 receiver will be wasted on such speakers - or the other way around. I would have thought the 3310 would be a better match.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:albriscoe:

Nothing wrong with the Denon, and it will drive the M&K speakers ok. However a £500 receiver will be wasted on such speakers - or the other way around. I would have thought the 3310 would be a better match.

Or at least, the 2310.

T

tiggs

It would also be worth looking at the Focal Dome speakers which are about £1500 including the subwoofer, and they would be on a similar level in terms of performance as the MT-30 if not a lot better, plus they are very well built speakers and look great. The other options which would be well within you're budget would be the Dali Fazon range of speakers.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:Or at least, the 2310.

I agree with you both, more power is always better, but I feel to buy a decent speaker package now and upgrade the reciever later is gonna be the cheaper option for the OP in the future than doing it the other way round.

Anyway I`m sure he`ll make the right decision

cheers Al

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Nothing wrong with the Denon, and it will drive the M&K speakers ok. However a £500 receiver will be wasted on such speakers - or the other way around. I would have thought the 3310 would be a better match.

The 3310 would be a far better match. The 1910 is going to get rather warm with an M series package as it's can't cope properly with 4ohm speakers. Going this route would just end up with a lifeless sound with no punch.

gosalh

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Guys for the useful information. I'll check out the various options. I just want more clarity and punchy sound and any system that can work well enough with the 1910 to provide this and obviously looks nice is a bonus. I have a smallish room, looks very much like a demo room and is the perfect size, shape etc. The MT-30 caught my eye due to the awards it has won and reviews. The Monitor Audio Apex looks pretty good.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You definitely need to check out the MT-30 package. I am 100% satisfied with mine, and won't be looking to replace it until something goes bang.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts