margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Roger Moore was my era of JB - loved him. The fact my mum tried to stop me going to see his movies (WHAT was she thinking!!?) made them all the more enjoyable
emotion-4.gif

margetti:Roger Moore was my era of JB - loved him. The fact my mum tried to stop me going to see his movies (WHAT was she thinking!!?) made them all the more enjoyable
emotion-4.gif

My dad was the same. When Man with the golden gun was first shown on TV he turned it over....

To me Bond is about gadgets, glossy locations and just general silliness. I find "this is the closest to the book" versions - especially the Timothy Dalton Bond - to be boring.

The modern day Bonds need to camp it up a bit more (or Moore should that be).

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Sadly (IMO of course), Mr Moore turned 007 in to slapstick.

I grew up with the original SC and originals very rarely, if ever, can be bettered. Just my thoughts as usual.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
It has to be what you grew up with - Mr Moore was what Bond was to me... took me a long time to appreciate Sean Connery for what he contributed to the franchise... btw my OH just simply doesn't 'get' JB - whoever the actor may be - something we will never see eye to eye on

Sizzers:Sadly (IMO of course), Mr Moore turned 007 in to slapstick. I grew up with the original SC and originals very rarely, if ever, can be bettered. Just my thoughts as usual.

If think Bond, because of its longevity, is so subjective. Likewise, Moore was the first Bond I can remember. I love factual programmes in the main, but Bond contradicts my take of TV, and should be slapsticky...

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Controversial as I grew up with Sean Connery as Bond but I think Daniel Craig is the best.

He has the grittyness of Connery but is better with the quips.

Moore was too comedic and, Dalton was too serious. Pierce Brosnan was a return to form but slightly too slick.

A

Anonymous

Moore is the best Bond for me too and I guess its because he was in the first few Bond movies i saw. That new Bond fella is just too much about action and not enough gadgets and girls.

joestone:Moore is the best Bond for me too and I guess its because he was in the first few Bond movies i saw. That new Bond fella is just too much about action and not enough gadgets and girls.

I forgot about the girls - silly me!
emotion-5.gif

Roger Moore's Bond appeals to me, also, because they are less plot influenced, which means you just sit back and watch....

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I used to be a fan of Roger Moores Bond, until I watched A View To a Kill on ITV HD a couple of weeks back. Its probably one of the worst Bond films Ive seen, so put me off a bit.
emotion-1.gif

I really enjoyed both Daniel Craig films, and hope they bring another one out soon.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Roger Moore all the way for me. Have to agree with JamesOk about `A View To A Kill` though. Poor way to end his Bond career.

I was fortunate to briefly meet Roger Moore some years ago. (I have mentioned this before but couldn`t resist the urge to tell you again just in case anyone`s forgotten!)

TRENDING THREADS