Advance Paris? What is it, how is it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Is that the general meaning? I'm always confused about this as a lot of people tell me to measure speaker distance from their drivers... I never know what people mean when they state distance from the back wall...
Some speakers can be incredibly deep from front to back so not much point in measuring from the front when the speakers are rear -ported. It's the distance to the ports that can create issues.

Reactions: Kutusov

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
It's only in the last couple of years that I've spotted a lot of their gear on reputable hifi (online)stores. The looks are so quirky to me that I never really paid much attention to Advance Paris, thinking it would be some sort of clueless Chinese company just throwing stuff together.

But recently I've also noticed that some audiophile comparisons between amps have been including some of their units.

I couldn't find much about this brand online so does anyone know anything about them? Any experience with, say, their A12 or separates?
Just stumbled across your post and weirdly on the news feed on my phone earlier today, there was an advertisement for an Advance Paris mini system. I'd never heard of them and was going to ask on here if anyone knew anything about them.

Kutusov

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Just stumbled across your post and weirdly on the news feed on my phone earlier today, there was an advertisement for an Advance Paris mini system. I'd never heard of them and was going to ask on here if anyone knew anything about them.
When I was looking at their products, I considered getting the PX-1 pre-amp and two BX-2 monoblocks. They call them "Smart Line", is that what you mean by mini system? Or is it the UX-1?

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
When I was looking at their products, I considered getting the PX-1 pre-amp and two BX-2 monoblocks. They call them "Smart Line", is that what you mean by mini system? Or is it the UX-1?
No this thing. My Connect 60

Kutusov

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
I remember reading not great things about all in one small hifi systems from them but that's long ago, they were Advance something back then, not Paris. This one is much more modern and they seem to put out quality stuff, I don't remember reading a bad review of their full size products or preamp and power amps of the smart line.

Not saying the My Connect 60 is a good or bad product, just that they are perfectly capable of building very good and solid electronics. The much more expensive My Connect 250 got some very positive reviews. And I do like that white look. It's hard to capture in photos the effect of the thick transparent acrylic panels on their products.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I'm going to demo the advance Paris A10 shortly at hifi sounds in Stockton as so far it's been shockingly good to reviewers.

I'm taking my existing amp in to compare with.

Zwarter_020

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I'm also curious about your opinion Stuart83. And the amp you used for comparison. Kutusov is right about the brand having 'a rough start' back when they were called Advance Acoustic. I think it's pretty difficult to regain confidence of the utterly critical HiFi consumers. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt and I'm not disappointed. The built quality looks and feels excellent, the reviews are very good and so far I've been enjoying my A10 Classic a lot. They could have been more transparent about the DAC. But the versions with the AKM, PCM and the ESS all had good reviews.

Reactions: Kutusov

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts