Body Mass Index what a load of rubbish!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
That's interesting Gray. Don't have to do the string test as I'm 68" tall and have a waist measurement of 34", my BMI score is 27 = overweight. I did see a program once that said if your BMI score equalled the acceptable range then you tend to look underweight, at BMI 27 you look more healthy.
I am 5'10" with 34 waist and 40" chest and my BMI is 24.4. This was ascertained after a hospital appointment last month so I am almost overweight. Eek!

Finally managed to lose some weight around 4 pounds and about to diet even more. Managed to cut the 2 chocolate bars a day to none! (y)
I can't gauge mine by the scales - don't even own a pair. But judging by fit of clothes, I'm doing pretty well at present - still some to lose, but not too far from where I want to be. Upped the size of weights and numbers of reps each morning - anything that gets your heart going is good for burning those calories.

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I can't gauge mine by the scales - don't even own a pair. But judging by fit of clothes, I'm doing pretty well at present - still some to lose, but not too far from where I want to be. Upped the size of weights and numbers of reps each morning - anything that gets your heart going is good for burning those calories.
The main thing that got me started was not eating a chocolate bar just before I went to sleep - that’s where most of my lost pounds have come from.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
So I have lost around 5 pounds in total and now I can’t lose any more! Makes me wonder what’s the point and I might as well go back to eating 2 chocolate bars and weigh 5 pounds more, I am stable and both weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS