Body Mass Index what a load of rubbish!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up returning Davina‘s exercise bike back to QVC not used. I am done with exercising and dieting they make me feel awful! And I don’t want any stress in my life.
If you go extreme quickly, it won't be sustainable. You need to have a long term goal in mind and whatever you do needs to be sustainable. Having a long term goal (like wanting to lose a stone in 3 months or a year etc.) certainly helps. Your goal needs to be achievable.

Not sure what dieting you tried. Personally, I don't think they work unless they're sustainable. I used MyFitnessPal app and counted my calories. I continued eating normal food but understood how to pick low calorie options without compromising on what I want to eat. This alone will result in sustainable weight loss. It's the mindset that needs changing.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I see public health England have been sacked because they have no idea what they are talking about! Haha :)

I see public health England have been sacked because they have no idea what they are talking about! Haha :)
This is pure politics.

This is pure politics.

We really didn't fare too well with COVID19, so that wouldn't be a surprise. There's a great infographic in Delayed Gratification, but I pass on my copies to someone else - I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

The 'excess deaths' column (i.e. fatalities beyond what would have been expected) is interesting - there's one of the twenty worst-affected that has fewer excess deaths, for an interesting reason...

Was talking about the bike to Mrs 12th when out with the dog - we think it must be more like 15 years old, so whilst it's had periods of inactivity I think it demonstrates it was pretty well-made - maybe that's why some of them are bigger/heavier?

Apropos of nothing, the bike threw a wobbly yesterday and the display (time, distance, speed, calories etc) just stopped receiving anything from the wheel. Resigned myself to taking it apart to see if the sensor had come loose so I dug out the manual, and b*gger me if it's not 18 years old.

Can't complain too much about that, or the fact that it seems to be working again today!

(Averaging 40km per weekday, and loving the weekends even more as it sits unused. Not sure I'll keep this up when the weather turns cold, but hope to be swimming again then - and to have the tyre if not vanquished then close enough for me to be content.)

D

Deleted member 2457

According to a body fat percentage Calculator I am average, so I am fine with that.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi mate, went for a walk and bike ride yesterday, the bike ride was my first since I was at the gym, went around half way of the local lake and back again. Seriously not good though my new bike is rubbish. So thinking about buying a new bike. Can’t see me getting back to the gym for at least another year - that’s how long I am likely to be in lockdown for if not longer!

Diet is up and down I am switching to leaner meats for burgers and stuff. Eating more fruit, chicken, fish and lean pork. If I lose weight I reckon I will do it quick on a crash diet to be honest, otherwise just sticking to healthy diet and lots of workouts as long as I don’t fall asleep.

Thanks for asking mate.
My gym has permanently closed now!

D

Deleted member 2457

This is the calculator I used for body fat percentage:

D

Deleted member 108165

According to the same calculator I'm right in the middle of the fitness range... not bad for a nearly 63 year old. I don't eat healthily but I do have a job where I'm on my feet most of the day and enjoy an occasional round of golf... I guess it's called exercise.

D

Deleted member 108165

I guess being happy in your own body is all that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS