Body Mass Index what a load of rubbish!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have lost around 5 pounds in total and now I can’t lose any more! Makes me wonder what’s the point and I might as well go back to eating 2 chocolate bars and weigh 5 pounds more, I am stable and both weights.
Your body adjusts to the new metabolism. You need to look at your diet overall and see how many calories you actually consume. MyFitnessPal app is very good for it. It's all about have a sustained calorie deficit.

Check this:

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Your body adjusts to the new metabolism. You need to look at your diet overall and see how many calories you actually consume. MyFitnessPal app is very good for it. It's all about have a sustained calorie deficit.

Check this:

Thanks mate. (y)

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I think can't is the wrong word - you could if you really wanted to, it's just not fun - especially when you aren't getting results.
I don’t know how to get more results other than do what BB says and stick with it. My clothes are certainly baggy though. When I go for a walk I seem to gain a pound after weighing myself, is this because I am not drinking enough or what?

doifeellucky

I don’t know how to get more results other than do what BB says and stick with it. My clothes are certainly baggy though. When I go for a walk I seem to gain a pound after weighing myself, is this because I am not drinking enough or what?
Your body weight changes throughout the day. If I go for a long walk I can come home and weigh myself and my weight can be 3 or 4 lbs less than I was first thing in the morning. You should always weigh yourself at the same time of day, ideally when you first get up or go to bed.

I lost 4 stones about 10 years ago purely by sticking to the numbers my health guide told me. My top tip is to quickly identify what is particularly bad and eat less of it. I gave up nothing. I just knew what the numbers were for nearly everything.

Unfortunately what most people don’t understand is that if you eat an entire pizza, that’s your entire daily allowance gone in 20 minutes. Just eat half instead, or ideally something else.

You go to the pub and have 4 pints and that’s half your daily allowance. Have two pints and a zero sugar diet coke instead.

Gradually over time your body will change and you’ll want to eat less of the bad stuff. I rarely eat pizza now and 2 or 3 slices is about all I can manage.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Your body weight changes throughout the day. If I go for a long walk I can come home and weigh myself and my weight can be 3 or 4 lbs less than I was first thing in the morning. You should always weigh yourself at the same time of day, ideally when you first get up or go to bed.

I lost 4 stones about 10 years ago purely by sticking to the numbers my health guide told me. My top tip is to quickly identify what is particularly bad and eat less of it. I gave up nothing. I just knew what the numbers were for nearly everything.

Unfortunately what most people don’t understand is that if you eat an entire pizza, that’s your entire daily allowance gone in 20 minutes. Just eat half instead, or ideally something else.

You go to the pub and have 4 pints and that’s half your daily allowance. Have two pints and a zero sugar diet coke instead.

Gradually over time your body will change and you’ll want to eat less of the bad stuff. I rarely eat pizza now and 2 or 3 slices is about all I can manage.
That makes sense. Cheers. I weighed myself first thing this morning I weighed 15 stone 5 pounds, then again mid-morning and I weigh 15 stone 8 pounds, I had more clothes on then though. If I go for a walk I weigh 15 stone 9 pounds! I don’t get it.

Reactions: doifeellucky

doifeellucky

That makes sense. Cheers. I weighed myself first thing this morning I weighed 15 stone 5 pounds, then again mid-morning and I weigh 15 stone 8 pounds, I had more clothes on then though. If I go for a walk I weigh 15 stone 9 pounds! I don’t get it.
Your body just changes throughout the day. Water retention, sweating, drinking, eating, going to the toilet, the weather. It all makes a difference. Try not to be too bothered by daily changes. A longer term average is probably better to measure actual progress. Just check how you’re doing on the same day each week. Somewhere around one llb per week is a good amount to lose. I just weigh myself in my underwear when I get up to be consistent.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Your body just changes throughout the day. Water retention, sweating, drinking, eating, going to the toilet, the weather. It all makes a difference. Try not to be too bothered by daily changes. A longer term average is probably better to measure actual progress. Just check how you’re doing on the same day each week. Somewhere around one llb per week is a good amount to lose. I just weigh myself in my underwear when I get up to be consistent.
Cool. Cheers! That’s how I weigh myself too. (y)

Reactions: doifeellucky

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
This is how I have been losing weight with this diet:

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: sandwich and small chocolate bar like a penguin
Dinner meal: meat and baked beans

Drinks water, tea and coffee.

What do you reckon to this diet? Good or bad? Thanks

This is how I have been losing weight with this diet:

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: sandwich and small chocolate bar like a penguin
Dinner meal: meat and baked beans

Drinks water, tea and coffee.

What do you reckon to this diet? Good or bad? Thanks
probably way too much sugar......
i don't see any fruit or veg.
you need a proper balance diet so speak to a professional

doifeellucky

I’d recommend the Jamie Oliver (other celebrity and non celebrity chefs are available ) 5 ingredients book if you don’t mind trying some cooking. Mostly fairly simple recipes that can typically be done in 15-20 minutes, but will add variety and vegetables.

For me the key point was keeping an eye on the numbers. For example reducing the amount of the bad stuff (in terms of calories) like cheese you might put in a sandwich. Use a cheese slice instead of hacking off massive chunks with a knife. 25g of cheddar which isn’t very much is over 100 calories. Get some cheap digital scales so you can measure more accurately and limit portion size instead of just tipping a random amount from a bag of something. You’d be surprised how quickly the calories mount up.

But you should consult a professional with regard to diet.

Reactions: Al ears and Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The perfect weight........if you're 8'4" tall 🙂

Sorry Freddy, not very helpful 🤨
Seriously, I wish I could feed you my diet for a year. You would hate it, but I'm pretty sure you'd lose more than a few pounds (and likely save a few £).
What is your diet, mate?

Gray

What is your diet, mate?
It isn't especially healthy, it lacks variety and I don't have the recommended amount of fruit.

But, importantly, I avoid sweets, chocolate, cakes and snacks between meals - wherever possible - and it is not always possible I know.

My brother found out he was borderline diabetic, so has stopped buying biscuits, because, as he says, "If it's not in the house, I can't eat it".
So a cup of tea at his place is no fun ☹️

I know you've mentioned your medication.
I hope that it doesn't work against you when it comes to weight loss (because you don't need anything making it harder) 👍

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
It isn't especially healthy, it lacks variety and I don't have the recommended amount of fruit.

But, importantly, I avoid sweets, chocolate, cakes and snacks between meals - wherever possible - and it is not always possible I know.

My brother found out he was borderline diabetic, so has stopped buying biscuits, because, as he says, "If it's not in the house, I can't eat it".
So a cup of tea at his place is no fun ☹

I know you've mentioned your medication.
I hope that it doesn't work against you when it comes to weight loss (because you don't need anything making it harder) 👍
Thanks, mate! (y)

Reactions: Gray
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts