Blu-Ray High Fidelity Pure Audio

Richard035

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I currently listen to music using a Cambridge CXC transport, Audiolab Q-DAC (sometimes feeding a LittleDot Mk3 headphone amplifier) and Shure SRH1540 headphones. I have recently heard about Blu-Ray High Fidelity Pure Audio discs and am intrigued. I have a number of questions, the answers to which I'd be very grateful to receive. Can a Blu-Ray player be used as an input to the Q-DAC? If so, can any Blu-Ray be connected? (I do not currently own a Blu-Ray player and have in mind the Panasonic DMP-BDT370.) Given my system, could I expect to gain noticeable improvements in sound quality by listening to Blu-Ray rather than CD? Would a monitor be essential in order to use the Panasonic purely as a hi-fi separate? Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Richard035 said:
I currently listen to music using a Cambridge CXC transport, Audiolab Q-DAC (sometimes feeding a LittleDot Mk3 headphone amplifier) and Shure SRH1540 headphones. I have recently heard about Blu-Ray High Fidelity Pure Audio discs and am intrigued. I have a number of questions, the answers to which I'd be very grateful to receive. Can a Blu-Ray player be used as an input to the Q-DAC? If so, can any Blu-Ray be connected? (I do not currently own a Blu-Ray player and have in mind the Panasonic DMP-BDT370.) Given my system, could I expect to gain noticeable improvements in sound quality by listening to Blu-Ray rather than CD? Would a monitor be essential in order to use the Panasonic purely as a hi-fi separate? Thank you, in advance, for your help.

I wouldn't waste your money, there is only a limited selection of these discs available. I have eight but wouldn't notice too much of a difference in sound over a decent CD P. Their only real benefit is that many are multi-channel but you'd need a home cinema receiver to do this justice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts