Upgrading from existing speakers

TK311

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi!

I've got the opportunity to buy the Paradigm Monitor SE 3000F floorstanding speakers for a really cheap price. Sadly, I havent been able to find a store that has some open or on display in my local area that i could audition. This means i would be basically buying them based off reviews.

I've currently got Q Acoustics 3050i floor standers paired to a Rotel A14 Mk2 amp.

Would the Paradigm's be an upgrade or would it be a side step/downgrade? Nothing wrong with the 3050's. I love them! But when these speakers are almost 60-70% off, makes me wonder!

Speakers with 60% or more discount are either discontinued or not selling well, or both!

The only review I found that might be relevant said this :- “I also liked the 3000Fs a bit better than I had the Q Acoustics 3050i floorstanders, which I’d set up in the same positions in the room and which cost about $100/pair more. The Q 3050i reached deeper in the bass than the 3000Fs, for a fuller, weightier sound, but I found the 3000Fs’ bass tighter, its midrange cleaner and more detailed, its highs a bit more prominent but not overly so, and its overall sound a little more open and free. ”

You’ll see that in that location the QA are actually costlier. I’d guess they are rivals rather than one being clearly better. You might like the sound, and perhaps the comments above will help indicate if you want a brighter sound.

Full write up here:-

Agree with the above. I don't think anyone here can tell you if they are better, you will have to audition for yourself which everyone should do when it comes to selecting speakers especially.
If you cannot do that I would stick with what you have or buy them and be prepared to take a loss if they don't suit and you have to sell them on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts